Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
FIG Flip 2 Questions

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 10:11 pm
I’m thinking of giving up my iPhone but I need a little help figuring things out. If anyone has the phone and can chime in I would appreciate it.

1) Is it a standard keyboard or do I need to use T9 or type three times for every letter?
2) Does it work on Verizon’s network? Can I add it to my plan or is it an entirely new plan?
3) Is there email on it?
4) What do you do if you need WhatsApp? I guess I can tell my cleaning lady to text and use my computer for everything else WhatsApp at work.
5) I’m the admin on some groups so is there a GroupMe app on this phone?

I will probably think of tons more questions but if anyone can answer these I would appreciate it.

Plonis bas Plonis

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 10:39 pm
amother OP wrote:
I’m thinking of giving up my iPhone but I need a little help figuring things out. If anyone has the phone and can chime in I would appreciate it.

1) Is it a standard keyboard or do I need to use T9 or type three times for every letter?
2) Does it work on Verizon’s network? Can I add it to my plan or is it an entirely new plan?
3) Is there email on it?
4) What do you do if you need WhatsApp? I guess I can tell my cleaning lady to text and use my computer for everything else WhatsApp at work.
5) I’m the admin on some groups so is there a GroupMe app on this phone?

I will probably think of tons more questions but if anyone can answer these I would appreciate it.

1) standard touch keyboard. The keys are t9.
Also, the glide works very well.
You can also use the voice to text feature or send voice notes.
2)it does work with Verizon. I think you can add it to your plan but not sure…
3) no but they said they may have in the future
4) never had WhatsApp so wouldn’t know.
5) no and there is no option to add any apps. Though you can you the sms feature to have the chat on your phone.
(You can download GroupMe on an iPad or computer.)

ETA I have the fig 2X

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 11:01 pm
Plonis bas Plonis wrote:
1) standard touch keyboard. The keys are t9.
Also, the glide works very well.
You can also use the voice to text feature or send voice notes.
2)it does work with Verizon. I think you can add it to your plan but not sure…
3) no but they said they may have in the future
4) never had WhatsApp so wouldn’t know.
5) no and there is no option to add any apps. Though you can you the sms feature to have the chat on your phone.
(You can download GroupMe on an iPad or computer.)

ETA I have the fig 2X

Thanks so much for responding! If I download GroupMe on an iPad then the messages will go there. I need them to come to my phone (even as a text is fine) so I’ll probably end up disbanding the groups and someone else will reopen it.

What about Bluetooth in the car? Right now I send messages by talking while I’m driving. Is there anything similar that this phone has?

Plonis bas Plonis

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 11:04 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks so much for responding! If I download GroupMe on an iPad then the messages will go there. I need them to come to my phone (even as a text is fine) so I’ll probably end up disbanding the groups and someone else will reopen it.

What about Bluetooth in the car? Right now I send messages by talking while I’m driving. Is there anything similar that this phone has?

My pleasure!
You can have the messages go on your iPad AND your messages on your phone. You just need to allow it in your settings.
That’s what I do

I you can definitely connect to your car via bluttooth.
I’m able to send messages while driving but I guess that depends on your car.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics