Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Line on baby's face - Now Resolved :)

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 11:15 pm
My baby was crying and crying for a while, he has reflux and now a bad cold. He finally fell asleep and now I'm seeing this strange red line across his cheek. I'm exhausted but worried. Do you think this is reason for concern? Google has not been helpful.

**Edited to remove the photo and update that it has since faded and is nearly gone. Thank you all!

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 11:16 pm
I personally would not be concerned. He's delicious. Refuah shelaima!

momofone613

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 11:17 pm
Maybe he scratched himself?

amother
Birch

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 11:19 pm
With any concerning line I see on my kids, make a mark at the end, and check it in a few minutes to see if it traveled.

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 11:20 pm
If he was spitting up reflux while lying on that side, it might have traveled on his cheek and irritated it.

I've seen a whole lot of skin markings on kids but this doesn't concern me.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 11:22 pm
Thanks so much for the speedy responses and kind words. I reached for a pen to mark it and now see it's already starting to fade. I guess I panicked for nothing. Thank you so much for being there for me. There's nothing like Imamother! I need to get some sleep. Going to try to figure out how to take down the post or update it and then go to sleep until the next feeding.

B'Syata D'Shmya

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 11:30 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks so much for the speedy responses and kind words. I reached for a pen to mark it and now see it's already starting to fade. I guess I panicked for nothing. Thank you so much for being there for me. There's nothing like Imamother! I need to get some sleep. Going to try to figure out how to take down the post or update it and then go to sleep until the next feeding.

Hi, Is this your first? You are amazing that you noticed.
Baby skin is super thin and sensitive. Every tiny rash looks monstrous so I understand you. Please try not to actually mark his face with a pen, you can just compare with pictures.
If he was crying, he was probably moving a lot and may have rubbed that area. or scratched - even with cut nails. (Yes, keep his nails cut short!), and be careful with your own (and your jewelry) so you dont inadvertently scratch him.
He is so lucky to have you! Lotsa nachas
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics