Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Peer pressure in the toddler set - funny examples?

mamacita

Post Sun, Aug 17 2008, 3:38 pm
Ok, dd is a go with the crowd, too cool for Ima kind of gal. She needed a pacifier and bottle in gan for no other reason than the other kids had even though she never wanted at home. Smile

For the past week she has been obsessed with a game she learned at one playdate with a friend. Putting herself, dolls, her brother, anything to sleep with blankets and pillows. It's sooooo cute! And fairly ridiculous when she combines the game with eating, watching birds, playing legos, etc. She's obsessed!

Does your cutie have any peer pressure habits?

mimivan

Post Sun, Aug 17 2008, 5:17 pm
Well...I'm using peer pressure (or rather sibling rivalry) as a means of potty training. to the point of rewarding my 5 year old for making as an example to his younger brother. And now the five year old is saying he wants a prize every time Rolling Eyes and the two year old wants a prize and says he needs to but is just standing there and nothing is coming out...then as soon as he leaves the bathroom, he has an accident on the floor..and then the five year old says, "I'll show him again if you give me a coke!" Rolling Eyes LOL This happened three times today with no successes...

OY...!!! Shaking

GAMZu

Post Sun, Aug 17 2008, 8:00 pm
Interesting topic.

My 4 year old son wears his peyos out and curled, but most of the boys in his class wear them behind the ears. Surprisingly, while still in school, he didn't make an issue out of it, but now in the summer he is saying that the boys in his class wear behind the ears and he wants to, also.

Atali

Post Sun, Aug 17 2008, 8:08 pm
Well, my almost four year old insisted on getting crocs since some of the other kids in the class had them. After I got them for him, his two year old brother insisted on having them as well.

zigi

Post Sun, Aug 17 2008, 8:30 pm
dd wanted to go to the bathroom and wear pullups b/c her classmate was trained.

mamacita

Post Mon, Aug 18 2008, 3:30 am
zigi wrote:
dd wanted to go to the bathroom and wear pullups b/c her classmate was trained.

That's some peer pressure we could use around here! Smile

cubbie

Post Mon, Aug 18 2008, 3:39 am
My dd 3 1/2 refused to even try sleeping without a diaper until her friend from gan came to our house for a playdate, dd was showing her room off and showed her which drawer has younger dd's diapers and which has her pull ups, her friend then told her that she doesn't wear pull ups at night anymore, so that night she decided to ditch the pull ups and has been night trained ever since. The funny thing is I told the girl's mother to say thankyou for the help on this and she told me that her dd only doesn't wear pull ups now at night because they're so expensive so she's gone back to putting her in regular diapers!!!

GAMZu

Post Mon, Aug 18 2008, 9:35 am
Haha... so maybe you can have a playdate at the friend's house, and see if your daughter can have the same effect. Wink

Pineapple

Post Mon, Aug 18 2008, 10:01 am
cubbie wrote:
My dd 3 1/2 refused to even try sleeping without a diaper until her friend from gan came to our house for a playdate, dd was showing her room off and showed her which drawer has younger dd's diapers and which has her pull ups, her friend then told her that she doesn't wear pull ups at night anymore, so that night she decided to ditch the pull ups and has been night trained ever since. The funny thing is I told the girl's mother to say thankyou for the help on this and she told me that her dd only doesn't wear pull ups now at night because they're so expensive so she's gone back to putting her in regular diapers!!!

How cute. Lucky for you her friend didnt go further!

chaylizi

Post Mon, Aug 18 2008, 10:04 am
my dd stopped wearing ponytails, b/c apparently they are "nerdy". now she wears her hair in a headband everyday. it's been in the 90's most days & I wish I could wear a ponytail.

GAMZu

Post Mon, Aug 18 2008, 10:10 am
chaylizi wrote:
my dd stopped wearing ponytails, b/c apparently they are "nerdy". now she wears her hair in a headband everyday. it's been in the 90's most days & I wish I could wear a ponytail.
Who? Chaya? Fashion consciousness starts early these days amongst girls!! Tongue Out
(JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!!) Very Happy

chaylizi

Post Mon, Aug 18 2008, 10:19 am
where pray tell should I be putting a ponytail on my chayale's head? besides, if I did put her hair up, I'd be ruining her delicious curls.

mamacita

Post Tue, Aug 19 2008, 10:18 am
My dd also won't eat the crusts off her sandwich or the peels of her apples thanks to gan. Now that it's vacation the apples are back to unpeeled, but no crusts seems harder to break.

chaylizi

Post Tue, Aug 19 2008, 11:26 am
mamacita wrote:
My dd also won't eat the crusts off her sandwich or the peels of her apples thanks to gan. Now that it's vacation the apples are back to unpeeled, but no crusts seems harder to break.

I very specifically don't do this. I'm happy my daughter hasn't picked it up at school.

Maya

Post Tue, Aug 19 2008, 11:36 am
Peer pressure is always a good way to get a kid to eat a meal he doesn't want to. "Look, Yocheved is eating, let's see if you can win the race and finish before her." Smile

Imhappy!

Post Tue, Aug 19 2008, 12:31 pm
mimivan wrote:
Well...I'm using peer pressure (or rather sibling rivalry) as a means of potty training. to the point of rewarding my 5 year old for making as an example to his younger brother. And now the five year old is saying he wants a prize every time Rolling Eyes and the two year old wants a prize and says he needs to but is just standing there and nothing is coming out...then as soon as he leaves the bathroom, he has an accident on the floor..and then the five year old says, "I'll show him again if you give me a coke!" Rolling Eyes LOL This happened three times today with no successes...

OY...!!! Shaking

too cute Very Happy good luck to you!

imokay

Post Tue, Aug 19 2008, 2:31 pm
my 4 y.o dd begged me for flip flops b/c her friend had them. now she wants loafers for school and a pair of ballet slippers for shabbos just like so and so in camp. if this is what she's like now, I'm looking forward to her being a teenager! Very Happy

hadasa

Post Tue, Aug 19 2008, 3:36 pm
Where I live there's a tiny, and I mean tiny, Frum community, which has the effect of blurring gender and age differences. My oldest daughter started the sticker collecting /trading craze, and now we have three year old girls AND boys clamoring for stickers to swap.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics