Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Babysitters providing food

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 11:03 pm
I am a first time mother, and I recently started sending my baby to a babysitter. I don’t understand. When I send my child to a babysitter, why do I have to send him with food every day? Isn’t it part of the service to provide them with food? If they are taking care of the children all day, isn’t that part of taking care of them, and what I’m paying them for? I’m paying them to take care of my baby. Part of taking care of them is making sure they are fed. No?

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 11:07 pm
Some babysitters do provide food, others don’t. If it’s important to you, make sure the next one you send to provides food.

I had to send lunch this year and it was so annoying. For next year I’m signed up to a group that provides lunch, snack and even breakfast for kids that didn’t eat it at home. Can’t wait! Worth the extra money she’s charging.

amother
Pansy

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 11:11 pm
A lot of parents are particular about what their babies eat. Whether it’s serving them real foods (as opposed to processed), allergens or organic vs conventional, I personally would never want daycare providing meals. I like knowing the food I give is the food she eats.

MommyM

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 11:23 pm
amother OP wrote:
I am a first time mother, and I recently started sending my baby to a babysitter. I don’t understand. When I send my child to a babysitter, why do I have to send him with food every day? Isn’t it part of the service to provide them with food? If they are taking care of the children all day, isn’t that part of taking care of them, and what I’m paying them for? I’m paying them to take care of my baby. Part of taking care of them is making sure they are fed. No?

No, you're paying them for their time and to take care of your baby, for example feed them, not for food, otherwise she would have to charge more. Does she provide diapers and wipes too? You're paying for the service she does for you, not for the necessities your baby needs. That's your job as a mother to provide those, unless she charges you extra for them.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 12:00 am
Why would you expect a babysitter to provide food?? That's a weird expectation. She's supposed to feed your child, but you're supposed to provide food for the child. Do you expect her to provide baby formula, diapers, wipes.... as well??
And besides, most mothers like to know what their babies are eating, and most babies like their specific foods & probably won't eat the sitters food.

groovy1224

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 12:04 am
Her job is to take care of your child.. with the items you provide. There is a difference between feeding and cooking. Between changing and shopping for diapers. This is a strange question, to be honest.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics