Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Another weird baby story
Previous  1  2

Mishie

Post Tue, Aug 19 2008, 5:03 am
Oy, I can't imagine what the Parents are going through.
It's like it happened twice. So it's double the pain.....
How awful!!

When I had a Missed m/c almost 2 years ago (at 15 weeks), I had 4 diff. U/S to confirm that there was no heartbeat. I had an appt. for a D&C for Sunday. and had to wait since Wed for it. During this time I spoke to my friend who told me about this lady who went to a Rav for a Bracha, she told him her story about having a D&C after being told that the baby was not alive, and the Rav screamed at her and said: Why did you do that???????? The baby was alive!!!!!!!
Can you imagine how this Mother fealt?????

I was so upset when I heard this story. on the day I went for my D&C I was crying and begging the Drs to do another U/S just to make sure. But, they said: Lady, you already had 4!!!!! we're not doing anymore!!!!!!!

ora_43

Post Tue, Aug 19 2008, 5:26 am
According to the article Tamiri linked to, the woman didn't have an abortion to remove what she thought was a dead fetus. That was the first version of the story, now it says she gave birth naturally in the 23rd week while in the hospital. She came to the hospital suffering pains and doctors said she was fine (whoops) but told her to stay the night for observation--it turned out she was going into labor.

I really hope the parents are planning to sue the hospital for this.

ora_43

Post Tue, Aug 19 2008, 5:31 am
OK, according to this article the parents and doctors disagree over what happened. The mother says she came in with pains and bleeding and gave birth naturally, the doctors say an ultrasound showed that the baby had died. The parents say the ultrasounds were fine and the doctors are only saying otherwise as a cover-up.

grin

Post Tue, Aug 19 2008, 6:16 am
greenfire wrote:
I would think one should wait till it aborts itself then you know for sure ...

I agree. The doctors are much too pushy about this, insisting the risk of infection. I'm pretty sure that that would only happen if there were a number of months (at least 1?) with no growth or heartbeat.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics