Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Started ozempic today
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 11:46 pm
Took my first shot. Super low dose (.1)
But omg so nauseous, stomach pains, just overall not good feeling. I’m taking it under Dr supervision for weight loss. Will it get better ???

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 12:12 am
The lowest does is .25. You started to high that’s why you are so nauseous.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 12:14 am
amother Smokey wrote:
The lowest does is .25. You started to high that’s why you are so nauseous.

No I started at half of that (.1)
And the side effects are really a lot

amother
Dandelion

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 12:16 am
Congratulations!

May Hashem help you through the side effects and may you feel better very soon!

Please continue to update. I am G-d willing starting ozempic or a similar injectable after my current pregnancy IYH and am so excited. I hope to learn a lot from you!

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 12:31 am
amother Dandelion wrote:
Congratulations!

May Hashem help you through the side effects and may you feel better very soon!

Please continue to update. I am G-d willing starting ozempic or a similar injectable after my current pregnancy IYH and am so excited. I hope to learn a lot from you!

Bshaa tovah! Looking into doing mounjaro. Are you planning to nurse your baby at all?

amother
Amaranthus

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 12:34 am
amother OP wrote:
Took my first shot. Super low dose (.1)
But omg so nauseous, stomach pains, just overall not good feeling. I’m taking it under Dr supervision for weight loss. Will it get better ???

When you say .1, are you using a syringe to draw up the medication? And you are filling it to the .1 line?

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 12:35 am
Are u using the pen with the red label? Hope
You feel
Better soon!

amother
Dandelion

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 12:39 am
amother Lavender wrote:
Bshaa tovah! Looking into doing mounjaro. Are you planning to nurse your baby at all?

Nope!!!

amother
Dandelion

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 12:40 am
amother Lavender wrote:

If you do mounjaro I'd love to hear your story too! Hatzlacha rabbah.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 4:19 am
amother Amaranthus wrote:
When you say .1, are you using a syringe to draw up the medication? And you are filling it to the .1 line?

Yes to both.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 4:28 am
amother Smokey wrote:
Are u using the pen with the red label? Hope
You feel
Better soon!

It’s not a pen that I’m using. I’m drawing the medicine with a syringe attached to a needle. It came with multiple needles and I am supposed to throw one out each time

amother
Butterscotch

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 5:45 am
Hey we can do this journey together. I was so desperate after putting up some weight in Covid and it wouldn’t BUDGE. I’m on semaglutide. And did my second week shot yesterday. I’m feeling amazing. I eat way less and can’t finish my food. My advice is to fill up on healthy choices. U can’t eat much so make sure u get enough energy.

amother
Mulberry

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 6:16 am
.1 seems high to start. I started at .25 for 4 weeks, then .5 for 4 weeks, then I think .1 (I need to check it up - I wrote it all down Smile.
I barely had any side effects. A little here and there but nothing terrible.
Bh bh since this last June I lost 28 pounds. I’m on 2.5 now and weight loss is slow but I’m satisfied with it. I can go higher if I want but I’m not as long as weight is coming off slowly.

Hatzlocha, it should get better. (Even though I never started that high)

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 6:28 am
I am taking Manjaro supposed to be more effective. Started at 5mg it knocked me out. Went done to 2.5 and the weight loss is very slow. I did lose 18lbs in like 2 months but that was only the weeks I took 2 2.5mg shots that I handle much better but insurance won’t pay for 2 shots a week. If I eat even 3 tiny healthy meals a day I don’t lose weight.. very worried about maintenance. I joined a few FB groups about it. I see some can do a shot every few weeks and maintain. I am far off from my goal. But I am very nauseous. I think I need to stick to the 5mg shots a few weeks in a row to get use to it. This time I didn’t actually throw up like the others. U need to eat lots of simple protein the day of the shots. Drink tons. I heard about an online msg service with dietitian that u pay a monthly fee that help u adjust to shots. Will be looking into and post perhaps

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 7:10 am
amother Mulberry wrote:
.1 seems high to start. I started at .25 for 4 weeks, then .5 for 4 weeks, then I think .1 (I need to check it up - I wrote it all down Smile.
I barely had any side effects. A little here and there but nothing terrible.
Bh bh since this last June I lost 28 pounds. I’m on 2.5 now and weight loss is slow but I’m satisfied with it. I can go higher if I want but I’m not as long as weight is coming off slowly.

Hatzlocha, it should get better. (Even though I never started that high)

.1 is less than half of .25
The dosing you did is .25, .5 and then 1

amother
Amaranthus

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 7:15 am
amother OP wrote:
It’s not a pen that I’m using. I’m drawing the medicine with a syringe attached to a needle. It came with multiple needles and I am supposed to throw one out each time

I’m extremely familiar with it, since I prescribe it as well:) The dose you are taking is .25 mg in a .1 ml format. It’s the same starting dose for everyone.
Seems like you are reacting normally, as your body is still adjusting to the new medication.
Hatzlacha!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 7:30 am
amother Amaranthus wrote:
I’m extremely familiar with it, since I prescribe it as well:) The dose you are taking is .25 mg in a .1 ml format. It’s the same starting dose for everyone.
Seems like you are reacting normally, as your body is still adjusting to the new medication.
Hatzlacha!

Thank you so much for that clarification!
What do you do that you prescribe?
When do people typically start losing weight?

amother
Tealblue

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 9:44 am
amother Butterscotch wrote:
Hey we can do this journey together. I was so desperate after putting up some weight in Covid and it wouldn’t BUDGE. I’m on semaglutide. And did my second week shot yesterday. I’m feeling amazing. I eat way less and can’t finish my food. My advice is to fill up on healthy choices. U can’t eat much so make sure u get enough energy.

Is that weekly injections?

amother
Catmint

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 9:48 am
This is mind blowing to me. I honestly cannot believe women subject themselves to these side effects to lose weight. You deserve better! Unless you are diabetic and need it to save your life, why would you do this??? It’s absurd. And yes I’m being judge-mental. .

Tzutzie

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 9:56 am
amother Catmint wrote:
This is mind blowing to me. I honestly cannot believe women subject themselves to these side effects to lose weight. You deserve better! Unless you are diabetic and need it to save your life, why would you do this??? It’s absurd. And yes I’m being judge-mental. .

Personally, I can't wrap me head around it.
But I'm assuming it is effecting many parts of their life. And the results are worth the hasstle/pain/discomfort. (hopefully)
Their life might not be in danger. But quality of life is nothing to sneeze at!

Don't judge because life is funny this way.... you don't want to find yourself doing the same.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise