Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
So impressed with the honesty at local store
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 8:19 pm
I went in to our local frum housewares store, looking to buy a new food processor. The manager asked me why I need a new one, I told her that it just died. She asked me to explain how exactly it happened, & then she told me that I just need a new bowl. And she was right! I'm blown away. They could've easily made a sale on a new one, and instead chose to trouble shoot my problem. I'm so thankful towards them & their honesty.

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 8:20 pm
Very impressive. You may as well say their name! They deserve a shout out.

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 8:24 pm
Please post their name. If the store is near me I’d like to patronize them.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 8:27 pm
Auction Mart in Monsey

I don't know why I'm just so overcome by this. I've never experienced anything like this. Hashem should bless them with much hatzlacha.

Fabulous

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 8:28 pm
I always tell stores that do stuff like this that they really gained much more than a sale. They gained me coming back time and time again and they gained all my friends that will be more inclined to go there as well.

It’s basically free advertising

SesameSeeds

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 8:38 pm
When you posted that story I guessed it was Auction Mart...

CPenzias

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 8:47 pm
I used to go to Auction Mart when I lived in Monsey. It was nice to have a store with all the Jewish appliances. Urn, plata etc

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 9:46 pm
My son in monsey also had a nice story which I think happened there too. If not there then another monsey hardware store ( next to wise buy) He bought new cutlery but his wife wanted to change it. They went to the store and the second set was more than the first set. He went on friday and the guy told them that Sunday they are starting a sale but he will give them the 30 percent off already! I was very impressed

ShishKabob

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 9:47 pm
amother Jetblack wrote:
My son in monsey also had a nice story which I think happened there too. If not there then another monsey hardware store ( next to wise buy) He bought new cutlery but his wife wanted to change it. They went to the store and the second set was more than the first set. He went on friday and the guy told them that Sunday they are starting a sale but he will give them the 30 percent off already! I was very impressed
Yes, I've experienced such type of stories in both stores.

justmarried:)

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 9:55 pm
Thats beautiful. thanks for sharing

amother
Cherry

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 9:57 pm
Funny I was thinking also it's either Auction Mart or Monsey Housewares.
Very honest people.

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 10:05 pm
amother Jetblack wrote:
Wow! That's being way more than a mentch! So impressive!

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 10:40 pm
amother Jetblack wrote:

It was monsey houseware. I know he looked by both places and I dont live there so I wasnt sure

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 11:10 pm
I don't go to Monsey often but that will change when my son starts going to yeshiva there.
I will try, b"n, to patronize their business on account of your story.

amother
Powderblue

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 11:19 am
I called an appliance repair guy to come down & fix my oven. He helped me over the phone saying that it's not necessary for him to come down saving me the service fee!

Alwaysmiling

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 1:51 pm
This reminds me of my story.
My Wahl hair clipper stopped working. A new battery in the store is 50 buck and I didn't even now if it would work. The store owner told me that Wahl has a lifetime warranty on there products and I should just contact them.
He was actually holding a new battery in his hand and could've sold it easily.
I did contact Wahl and they asked me to send it back on my own expense and they'll check the matter. Shipping was 8 dollars. They sent me a new battery and new charger since they came to the conclusion that the charger is actually the issue which I wouldn't have figured on my own!

S&w appliances in williamsburg.

Goldengoose

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 1:54 pm
this thread made me cry. what a beautiful nation, TYH that You chose me to be part of it.

scintilla

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 3:44 pm
Beautiful story! I had something similar at a store local to me (Everything but the baby in Crown Heights). I called them to ask if they sell a piece I needed to replace on my bugaboo stroller, which I knew wouldn't be cheap. The guy on the phone said, I'm happy to sell it to you, but have you tried calling bugaboo? Even if you're past warranty they might be nice and replace it anyways, give them a call first.

I keep forgetting to call bugaboo so I don't have a satisfying end to the story but was so impressed with the honesty!! I didn't even buy my stroller there, and he had no idea who he was helping.

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 6:08 pm
Love this thread

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....05377

amother
Snowflake

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 6:12 pm
Same happened with my food processor. I almost threw it out but called a friend who worked in a housewares store. He told me the same thing and I got a new bowl and it's been good for a few years.
Mine had a hairline crack on the bottom of the bowl and it made the food processor not work normally.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics