Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
The week jr magazine

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 7:05 am
Has anyone seen this before?
Is it very biased? Appropriate? Or does it show content I probably don’t want my kids reading?
We get the Wall Street journal at home and my elementary age son shows interest in reading it but I don’t want him to because of graphic stories and concepts I don’t want him being exposed to. I’m looking for an alternative affordable magazine or paper for kids.

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 7:35 am
We get it. My husband wanted it for the kids. Theres national, international, animal and science news. Those are generally okay and fair to Israel but they do mention LGBTQ and abortion issues if they're in the news. There's also arts and entertainment and book, game and movie reviews. Plus a sports section.

They had one motivational issue that focused heavily on LGBTq issue but never saw anything similar again.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 9:45 am
amother Gray wrote:
We get it. My husband wanted it for the kids. Theres national, international, animal and science news. Those are generally okay and fair to Israel but they do mention LGBTQ and abortion issues if they're in the news. There's also arts and entertainment and book, game and movie reviews. Plus a sports section.

They had one motivational issue that focused heavily on LGBTq issue but never saw anything similar again.

Hmmm yeah the lgbtq and abortion stuff are things he hasn’t been exposed to yet and I’m hoping to push those off for a bit longer if possible. Thanks.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics