Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Help me not fall for milk chocolate on Purim!!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 11:14 am
I've eliminated carbs recently and I am working so hard on my diet and BH being successful.
But that is day to day.
I am so nervous about purim, specifically milk chocolate.
I guess that's my weak spot.

flowerpower

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 11:15 am
Go you!! Where would get milk from? Mm?

realtalk

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 11:16 am
Be fleishig the entire day

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 11:28 am
flowerpower wrote:
Go you!! Where would get milk from? Mm?

Yes, incoming mm.
I know better than to buy stuff that would tempt me lol, but on purim all these yummy treats that I would never buy, come in mm.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 11:29 am
realtalk wrote:
Be fleishig the entire day

Not a bad idea lol

amother
Broom

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 11:29 am
Sit down and eat one piece mindfully. Once you enjoyed that piece, you won't feel deprived. Rather eat it in control rather than end up binging out of deprivation

amother
Blush

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 11:31 am
I’m off dairy this year for my sensitive nursing baby and we’re getting sooooo much good milchig stuff. It’s hard!! Yes eat one piece and then have something fleishig! It’s easier when you know it’s off limits!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 11:31 am
amother Broom wrote:
Sit down and eat one piece mindfully. Once you enjoyed that piece, you won't feel deprived. Rather eat it in control rather than end up binging out of deprivation

I think that would only make it harder.
I have strong will, not going to binge. But don't want to have any.

flowerpower

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 11:34 am
My sister saves the goodies for shushan purim and eats it for breakfast. Perhaps if you know you’re having it the following day instead of never you will have decent self control?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 11:38 am
flowerpower wrote:
My sister saves the goodies for shushan purim and eats it for breakfast. Perhaps if you know you’re having it the following day instead of never you will have decent self control?

If you're going to eat it, what difference does it make if you eat it on purim or on shushan purim?

flowerpower

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 11:43 am
amother OP wrote:
If you're going to eat it, what difference does it make if you eat it on purim or on shushan purim?

Because it’s a one time meal and you’re not tempted to eat all day knowing you will eat it after all. When it’s a hard no you’re more tempted

amother
Bergamot

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 12:38 pm
My first reaction was also to be fleishig. As someone with dairy allergies, I will tell you that for me personally, when it’s not allowed (for kashrut or allergies), it is much easier to tell myself no than just rely on self-control alone.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise