Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
What is fair hourly pay for what I do?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 1:14 am
I have over 15 years experience in customer service.
I work (in Israel) for a luxury US brand (during US work hours)
What is fair hourly pay for this- or if you do similar work what do you get paid?

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 3:12 am
The question is if you're being paid in dollars at an American rate or in shekels at an Israeli rate?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 3:45 am
amother Ruby wrote:
The question is if you're being paid in dollars at an American rate or in shekels at an Israeli rate?

The company owners live in Israel but the company operates in the US only.

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 4:15 am
amother OP wrote:
The company owners live in Israel but the company operates in the US only.

You need to know which country's rates they intend to pay you at. My husband and I both do similar work. However, I work for a small unknown company that offers an American type salary while he works for a hugely famous International and Israeli company, American hours, and gets paid a standard Israeli salary.

So the question is, at which country's market value rate is the company looking to pay at? Then we can advise what the standard would be.

Elfrida

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 4:25 am
Ate you being paid as an Israeli, including Bituach Leumi and Israeli holidays and sick days, or in dollars with whatever benefits would normally go along with that? Is your pension fund through an American or Israeli company? Do you get maternity leave (if relevant) according to American or Israeli laws?

It sounds like you want to get a higher dollar salary, but if they are employing you in the Israeli market, you are going to get an Israeli salary, wherever the company operates.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 5:11 am
Elfrida wrote:
Ate you being paid as an Israeli, including Bituach Leumi and Israeli holidays and sick days, or in dollars with whatever benefits would normally go along with that? Is your pension fund through an American or Israeli company? Do you get maternity leave (if relevant) according to American or Israeli laws?

It sounds like you want to get a higher dollar salary, but if they are employing you in the Israeli market, you are going to get an Israeli salary, wherever the company operates.

yes paid as an Israeli

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 10:50 am
is anyone able to advise?

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 1:51 am
What are you thinking and what are they offering? There's such a large range of what companies 'decide' to pay.
I would say at 80 shekel an hour as a starting point.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 3:29 am
amother Ruby wrote:
What are you thinking and what are they offering? There's such a large range of what companies 'decide' to pay.
I would say at 80 shekel an hour as a starting point.

Thank you, I agree! I was hoping for more than 80, but would also consider that to be in the range of fair. They are offering less with no room to negotiate.

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 3:40 am
Maybe think about if it's worth it for you to agree to start a bit lower with the assurance to negotiate after 6 months. In the meantime you can negotiate for other things you'd want. More vacation days, Keren Hishtalmut, etc.

notshanarishona

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 3:57 am
Typically American companies are only hiring people in Israel or remotely if they can save significant money, otherwise they would just hire someone in person. Being that most customer service jobs in Israel pay less than 80 nis an hour you don’t really have the upper hand. I would think 50 or above is fair .
(I was one of those people who started off working at $7 an hour for a US company )

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 5:28 am
I started a customer service job with no experience at all a few months ago and started at 70 NIS/hour. iyh I will be getting a 5 shekel raise soon hopefully. My company is known to pay pretty well though, so I imagine this is on the higher end of normal.

justforfun87

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 6:25 am
amother Cobalt wrote:
I started a customer service job with no experience at all a few months ago and started at 70 NIS/hour. iyh I will be getting a 5 shekel raise soon hopefully. My company is known to pay pretty well though, so I imagine this is on the higher end of normal.

Is this full time in person?

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 6:29 am
justforfun87 wrote:
Is this full time in person?

No, part time with an option to add hours, working remotely or in the office.

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 8:14 am
So happy to hear that no one is saying 35 shekel an hour. That’s what it was 10 years ago… (even starting at 25 nis for the trial period. This was horrifying to me.)

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 8:19 am
amother Seafoam wrote:
So happy to hear that no one is saying 35 shekel an hour. That’s what it was 10 years ago… (even starting at 25 nis for the trial period. This was horrifying to me.)

I was offered that to work full time in Meli. I said no thanks.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics