Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Did you deliver MM or wait for people to come to you?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 4:56 pm
Did you deliver or wait for people to come to you?

Also, how many did you prepare/deliver?

And while we are at it, what was your budget? (Can include / nit include special ones.)

How do you feel about the whole thing?

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 5:02 pm
amother OP wrote:
Did you deliver or wait for people to come to you?

Also, how many did you prepare/deliver?

And while we are at it, what was your budget? (Can include / nit include special ones.)

How do you feel about the whole thing?

Deliver to teachers and rebbis. And Family. Neighbors come mostly to me and we went to a few.

Prepared 35. None left over.
Paid about $3.00 each.

Kids made 15-20 each. Paid more for theirs than mine. Lol

Teachers ones and nicer ones were about $20 each

amother
Begonia

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 5:03 pm
Delivered!
Noone came this yr although in the past a few did

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 5:05 pm
Delivered almost all, made 15 and spent about $4 each.

Teacher ones (6) were about $8 and our Rav's was about $30

amother
Lemonlime

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 5:06 pm
Made for teachers and brought to school before Purim. Cost $26 ($25 gift card and <$1 in food). And yes, I know these didn't count as MM halachically.

Kids made 50-60, and we gave them out to people we saw throughout the day: at shul, at home, walking around. None left over. I would estimate the cost around $5-6 each, but I am not sure.

I tried doing deliveries one year, and it was too stressful. Now, we just give out as many as we can as we go about our day. I don't keep track of who gives us and I hope others aren't keeping track.

amother
Clematis

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 5:35 pm
For those who don’t deliver, remember my husband and kids who got only if we went to their house to bring to them. We live on a block with no other kids and just a dew older couples. Not a single friend of my husband came to give him mm. And he was driving around with me and brought to a few of his friends. He admitted to me that his feelings were hurt that no one came to bring him, even though of course he knows it’s about giving and not getting. Part of giving is remembering to go and GIVE. Those who are not lucky enough to have friends as neighbors are left out and it’s a horrible feeling. Two people drove to bring to me. Zero to my son.

Do you know how bad it feels to come home, after leaving mm by doors of friends who were not home and finding NOTHING WAITING FOR YOU?

Please. Please drive to the person who lives on a block alone or almost alone.

amother
Lightyellow

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 9:39 pm
I went out to deliver to relatives, teachers, and kids' friends. I planned on going to neighbors in the afternoon as teachers had schedules that I tried to keep to, but a couple of neighbors got to me first. I don't really have close friends to give to, so we gave out 11 total, not including teachers. Mishloach Manos cost about $5 each. (Kids ones were less than $1.50.)

rkay

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 9:55 pm
Mostly delivered, had a few neighbors and kids friends knock on the door. I think the whole thing is one big waste and not what the mitzvah was intended to be. I spent about $3 and change on each.

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 9:58 pm
I had a list of 7 families to deliver to, then we added a couple that gave to us that weren't on my original list because DH feels it's important to reciprocate. We spent about 6-7$ per mm. I'd rather do a smaller number of better quality than run myself ragged doing 50. But I agree it's important to give a couple to people who likely won't get hundreds.

We're not popular enough and we're not centrally located enough to just sit home and wait for them to start pouring in. I'm totally fine with that and I know I have to make the effort to maintain relationships.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 10:41 am
I delivered about 60 (plus another 20 for an organization who was seeking delivery people). I drive around and run myself ragged, as I feel like it is always nicer to feel like someone thought of you and made the effort to come to you as opposed to just reciprocating when you were at their door. My goal is to make people feel loved and included.
I spend about $1 each, as I would much rather be more inclusive and give to 60 people, many of whom are not super close friends, but people who say good Shabbos or might be a little lonely.
I think people appreciate being thought of more than they appreciate high end chocolate and I am secure enough to not care if you want to judge me as “not managing “
I hold by the motto-they might not remember what you said. They might not remember what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel.
I assume my MM are not intimidating anyone or making them feel insecure or like they are not keeping up with the Cohens, but are making them feel thought of and valued as a friend.

If I was insecure, after reading some of the other threads, I would curl up on a ball and hide. B”H I am way too confident for that and know my worth.

amother
DarkGreen

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 10:46 am
amother OP wrote:
I delivered about 60 (plus another 20 for an organization who was seeking delivery people). I drive around and run myself ragged, as I feel like it is always nicer to feel like someone thought of you and made the effort to come to you as opposed to just reciprocating when you were at their door. My goal is to make people feel loved and included.
I spend about $1 each, as I would much rather be more inclusive and give to 60 people, many of whom are not super close friends, but people who say good Shabbos or might be a little lonely.
I think people appreciate being thought of more than they appreciate high end chocolate and I am secure enough to not care if you want to judge me as “not managing “
I hold by the motto-they might not remember what you said. They might not remember what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel.
I assume my MM are not intimidating anyone or making them feel insecure or like they are not keeping up with the Cohens, but are making them feel thought of and valued as a friend.

If I was insecure, after reading some of the other threads, I would curl up on a ball and hide. B”H I am way too confident for that and know my worth.

I like your post way more than just a “thumbs up” but I know on this site the heart button is seen as a negative thing. lol. So letting you know here if there was a LOVE this post icon I’d be clicking on that.

amother
Pear

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 10:49 am
I spent 10$ each and made 24 of those
Made others are well
Gave out approximately 35
I went to most people. Some came to me.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 11:28 am
We delivered as many as we could get to because I remember growing up waiting for people to come which isn’t the mitzvah and I didn’t want my kids growing up with that mentality so we reach out and deliver if someone comes to us it’s a a big plus and we appreciate it!

amother
NeonOrange

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 11:46 am
We delivered to everyone we gave basically. Gave 30, about $10 each. Not including rebbeim that was totally separate and ordered from those gifting stores.

amother
Hydrangea

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 11:50 am
Only delivered. I think if I would stay home I would get 1/2 I make 40 cost about 6-8$ mostly on the good chocolate .60 on the box.
None left kids have tons

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 4:39 pm
Some and some. I have a list of people I deliver to proactively, and then prepare extras for people I will give to if they deliver to me. So an A list and a B list, mostly having to do with location. A listers are along my delivery route and B listers are off that beaten path. And a few more for unexpected arrivals.

amother
Zinnia

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 4:46 pm
I made almost 30.

delivered almost all.

Drove around in the morning and early afternoon and enjoyed feeling the purim spirit!! Felt so happy to be able to make others happy by showing I was thinking of them.

Aurora

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 4:52 pm
I delivered with my kids, and gave mine to a local Holocaust survivor who loves company. Otherwise, mostly stayed home.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 4:53 pm
Aurora wrote:
I delivered with my kids, and gave mine to a local Holocaust survivor who loves company. Otherwise, mostly stayed home.

Love that! Kol Hakavod

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 5:05 pm
Made 35 family ones, 8 teacher ones, and about 40 kid ones. Mostly deliver them, but it's always helpful when someone comes to us and saves us one more trip.
Family ones cost about $2-3 because included homemade item.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics