Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Sending Toddler to School

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 5:23 pm
Hey ladies,
I’m really debating whether I should send my toddler to school next year (he’ll turn two in October bzh) or keep him home with me. I’m mainly concerned socially. Does keeping a two year old home until they’re three years old negatively affect them socially or does the bonding with their mom make it worth it? Doing a round robin or playgroup for him would be out of the question because in our community they all send their toddlers to school.

Looking for any insight!

mha3484

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 5:28 pm
Unless you need childcare, I don't see the value to school before age 3 which for your toddler is an extra year from now.

amother
Wallflower

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 5:31 pm
He won't even be 2 at the start of the school year, that's very young to send out just because. Personally I'm not concerned about the social aspect but is there perhaps a daycare option you can start later in the year for only some days a week?

amother
Peru

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 5:36 pm
I’m currently home with my toddler who turned 3 in October. At this point he is ready to go out but there is no slots (and it’s very expensive) . I think there is benefits of being home with mom. It develops emotional maturity and self esteem. We go out and experience the world. He asks questions the world is his. But school is good for social skills, knowledge and playing skills.

amother
DarkGreen

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 6:18 pm
My toddler who turned 2 has been home with me this year and he will be home with me again next year. Feel free to ask me any questions.
My older two were home with me until they were old enough for 3 year old preschool and they are just fine!

amother
DarkGreen

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 6:21 pm
Btw there’s also negative influence from peers in school. So it’s not always pluses….. especially if your kid is one of those sweet ones with a good temperament… Very Happy

mummiedearest

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 6:26 pm
Home till three.

amother
Almond

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 6:56 pm
My kids were home till 3, besides for 1 child that went to playgroup at age 2.4 for a couple of hours a day. He never liked playing with toys & was really board at home. He was a different child once he started playgroup, he loved it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics