Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
If you don’t have a pesach kitchen-& you’re having guests…
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 9:46 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
I never divide up soup. I make a big pot and use it for both night meals of the first days and make a new batch the second days (and Shabbos if applicable)
I would much rather make soup 2-3 times than divide it.

I always contemplate about that.
On one hand it feels good to cross SOUP off the list for the entire Yom Tov.
On the other hand, it is a big job to be dealing with such a big pot of soup and dividing into containers.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 9:48 pm
You can prep all the veggies in advance and freeze them raw so making each batch goes quicker.
I know what you mean about crossing it off the list but then you need to add to the list the defrosting of the containers lol

cheerios

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 9:55 pm
If you want to start early but don't want to turn over your kitchen yet, there's an idea to set up a folding table and crockpot somewhere away from the kitchen and each night you cook one food in it.
There's a book about it called Pesach While You Sleep. Haven't read it but this may be what you're looking for. Here's the link

https://www.amazon.com/Pesach-.....17720

saralem

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 10:01 pm
One day for cakes, brownies, blondies, apple crisp, apple kugel. Freeze all of it. One day for mains: shepherds pie, roast, baked chicken ( different sauces), meat loaf. One day for salads: beets, cucumber. That same day is also soup and fish. Mainly 3 days. Very full days! Then there’s Chraine, mayo, apple sauce. Lots of roasted vegetables— no more kugels. Roasted vegetables is more popular, easier and faster. Potatoes, sweet potato, beets, carrots, butternut squash, etc. all my cooking will be done for first and second days and frozen.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 12:15 am
cheerios wrote:
If you want to start early but don't want to turn over your kitchen yet, there's an idea to set up a folding table and crockpot somewhere away from the kitchen and each night you cook one food in it.
There's a book about it called Pesach While You Sleep. Haven't read it but this may be what you're looking for. Here's the link

https://www.amazon.com/Pesach-.....17720

That book sounds so interesting. I think I remember reading about it on here last year. I’m curious to know if anyone tried any of the recipes?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 12:18 am
amother OP wrote:
That book sounds so interesting. I think I remember reading about it on here last year. I’m curious to know if anyone tried any of the recipes?

I haven't tried the book but I always start my pesach cooking for apple compote in the crockpot.
Sometimes I make a roast (usually on YT- to serve fresh straight from the crockpot), goulash on C"H, gala.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics