Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Polly Pocket: will compact dolls work with vintage sets?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 9:27 pm
I have quite a few vintage Bluebird polly pocket sets from when I was a child, but have lost most of the tiny little figures. Does anyone happen to know if the new compact polly pocket figures are the right size for the vintage sets?

amother
Jasmine

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 9:43 pm
I’m having ptsd!

seeker

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 11:22 pm
PTSD?! I'm having a warm glow of nostalgia!

The ones I had as a kid had a round base. The ones my kids play with have a foot-shaped base, I think? So they would not be compatible. But I don't know if there are different types out currently besides the kind my kids have.

amother
Darkblue

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 11:23 pm
seeker wrote:

The ones I had as a kid had a round base. The ones my kids play with have a foot-shaped base, I think? So they would not be compatible. But I don't know if there are different types out currently besides the kind my kids have.

lol I don’t think she’s having ptsd from childhood memories.
More from a few months ago…

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 11:27 pm
seeker wrote:

There’s a poster who was banned who had a whole long post about Polly pockets. At least I think that’s what she meant…

amother
Jade

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 11:28 pm
Crazy how every time I hear of "Polly Pcokets" my mind instantly thinks of imamother

seeker

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 12:03 am
Ok I clearly missed something special

amother
Darkblue

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 12:05 am
seeker wrote:
Ok I clearly missed something special

This was the thread though there were many more to follow…
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....33652

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 12:08 am
seeker wrote:

Hmmm...if they are the same size I'm not sure if my kids will care that the feet don't fit in the round spots. Might be worth a shot...

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 12:10 am
I would ideally love to get more of the original figures (used) but they're an insane price- like $10 plus for each one.

amother
Sand

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 12:10 am
You can’t position them the same way. They don’t bend
They’re still tiny and very cute though

myname1

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 4:24 am
amother OP wrote:
Hmmm...if they are the same size I'm not sure if my kids will care that the feet don't fit in the round spots. Might be worth a shot...

Sorry to disappoint, but the new figures are like 1/2 cm taller and seem broader. I have both so I tried it out. Feet hang off the bed, she sits on the couch but her feet hit the one across. No way it can fit in the car. Could be it's still cute and better than nothing, but definitely not near perfect.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 7:42 am
myname1 wrote:
Sorry to disappoint, but the new figures are like 1/2 cm taller and seem broader. I have both so I tried it out. Feet hang off the bed, she sits on the couch but her feet hit the one across. No way it can fit in the car. Could be it's still cute and better than nothing, but definitely not near perfect.

Oh well... Thank you for trying it out!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 7:44 am
It seems like there's 3 "keepsake collection" items- I wonder if those will fit:
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics