Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
What do you dress your toddler girls in for shabbos?
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 9:51 pm
My daughter is 2. She runs around like a 4 year old.

I feel like putting her in those cute rompers will look silly on her. But then I also think that dresses are a little mature.

What do your 2 year old daughters wear for shabbos?

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 9:56 pm
Why don’t you put her in a top with bloomers? I wouldn’t do a dress yet for that age.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 9:56 pm
My 2.5 year old wears nice ribbed leggings with a pretty top

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 9:58 pm
Something like these

https://www.lillegsbaby.com/co.....r-set

https://www.lillegsbaby.com/co.....t-set

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 10:02 pm
amother Mint wrote:
Something like these

https://www.lillegsbaby.com/co.....r-set

https://www.lillegsbaby.com/co.....t-set

I think those look weird on a walking child.
OP, at that age, my girl wear mini dress with short leggings or bloomers underneath.

amother
Tuberose

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 10:03 pm
amother OP wrote:

I feel like putting her in those cute rompers will look silly on her. But then I also think that dresses are a little mature.

Is she closer to 3 or just turned 2? If she’s like 2.5 dresses are adorable!! Mine is 2.8 months and I’m finding pants to be a bit silly on Shabbos…dresses are more appropriate.

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 10:05 pm
amother Tuberose wrote:
Is she closer to 3 or just turned 2? If she’s like 2.5 dresses are adorable!! Mine is 2.8 months and I’m finding pants to be a bit silly on Shabbos…dresses are more appropriate.

I agree! Puffy pink dresses are so much fun at this age! Or any dress. I love how my daughter’s stomach sticks out in her dresses, soo cute.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 10:06 pm
amother Tuberose wrote:

She's closer to 2. Tall for her age and overall looks older.

I don't know, something about the romper and shirt/bloomer look seems silly on her. Could just be me though.

I think a really short dress with bloomers underneath could be more appropriate for her.

Just curious to hear other people's thoughts

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 10:07 pm
amother Honeydew wrote:
I think those look weird on a walking child.
OP, at that age, my girl wear mini dress with short leggings or bloomers underneath.

It’s a matter of taste. I have a walking toddler who will be wearing bloomers this summer. Not necessarily the ones I posted though. I wouldn’t do dresses for a kid under 3.

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 10:08 pm
Rompers with a little skirt attached is a great option for this age. Or a two piece with the same idea. The bottom isn't as babyish as plain bloomers.
Lil legs has this idea. Item is suspender bloomers set.

ETA Do whatever you like. Everybody will have different opinions on the whole bloomer thing. It's brought up many times each season. Don't let them convince you one way is better, because there is no one right way to dress a child.

amother
Tuberose

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 10:11 pm
amother OP wrote:
She's closer to 2. Tall for her age and overall looks older.

I don't know, something about the romper and shirt/bloomer look seems silly on her. Could just be me though.

I think a really short dress with bloomers underneath could be more appropriate for her.

Just curious to hear other people's thoughts

So go for it! Just do what you think looks cute Smile. I think short dresses, and frilly Shabbos socks and shoes are just so cute. Put a bow in her hair and she’s all set Smile

amother
Tuberose

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 10:13 pm
amother Mint wrote:
It’s a matter of taste. I have a walking toddler who will be wearing bloomers this summer. Not necessarily the ones I posted though. I wouldn’t do dresses for a kid under 3.

What?? I guess it depends where you live lol in my shul there’s tons of toddlers 18 + months and most all wear cute little dresses!!! It’s adorable.

giftedmom

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 10:20 pm
amother OP wrote:

Suspender leggings for long, shorts sets for short. Rompers won’t work once you toilet train anyway.

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 10:25 pm

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 10:33 pm
My daughter will be 2.5 in the summer she will be wearing 2 peice sets

amother
Bone

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 10:39 pm
amother Ecru wrote:
My daughter will be 2.5 in the summer she will be wearing 2 peice sets

Any at H &M you can link?

amother
Mimosa

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 10:52 pm
amother Mint wrote:

Why? 2 year olds in fancy dresses are so precious.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 11:05 pm
2.5 in summer and wearing bloomers and rompers. I x like dresses on toddlers. The season after they turn 3 I switch to dresses. So next winter she's still in pants, baggy sweatshirt look and by spring she'll be over 3 so I'll start with dresses

amother
Tuberose

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 11:30 pm
amother Pumpkin wrote:
2.5 in summer and wearing bloomers and rompers. I x like dresses on toddlers. The season after they turn 3 I switch to dresses. So next winter she's still in pants, baggy sweatshirt look and by spring she'll be over 3 so I'll start with dresses

Are you talking about on Shabbos or weekday?

amother
Amaranthus

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 6:07 pm
Why don't people like dresses on toddlers?

Once they are walking, for me I see no reason not to put on a dress. I am waiting eagerly for my toddler to start walking so I can put dresses on her!
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics