Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Zoob toy- worth it to buy?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 10:31 pm
Hi!
My kindergarten age son has been playing with zoobs in school a lot and had asked me a few times if we can buy them.
I was thinking of buying some new toys for pesach, but I want toys that are worth the money spent. That are durable, and will get a lot of playing time out of them. Like magnatile category.
Wondering if anyone has these and if their kids play with them a lot, or just once in a while? And do they last?

Comptroller

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 10:39 pm
If he asks for it, I would say he wants it, he knows what to do with it, so that is a good reason to buy it.

amother
Lightpink

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 10:41 pm
I bought them when my kids were younger. They barely played with them. The best toys were magna tiles and clicks.

Moonlight

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 10:44 pm
My boys are always busy w zoobs. But I'd say they're hard for little ones. My 8 yr old loves then, my 3 yr old needs help clicking them together. Pretty durable but not as much as magnatiles. If you step on them, they break

daredevil

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 10:46 pm
Can you link them?

amother
Oleander

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 11:33 pm
I received it as a gift many years ago and then added to it because so many pieces broke. It was the toy least played with in my house.

amother
Sunflower

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 11:39 pm
I grew up with that toy it wasn't played with as often as Legos.... But we did play with it often and really loved it

seeker

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 11:50 pm
Love them.
They're medium durable. Not impossible to break but they hold up very well to a lot of use. I would say similar to clics in durability - you can bend them out of shape or break bits off if you abuse them but they can take a lot of play.

If he plays with them a lot in school that's a good sign that it's a good fit for you. If it were a choice between these and Lego, Lego wins for me but if you already have Lego and are looking for something different but also in the creative category, it's a good pick.

Download some ideas/instructions, I found that really helped the kids level up whenever they seemed to be getting bored.

zigi

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 11:56 pm
It's a third day of yom tov toy. They didn't play with it every day but were glad to see it when they were bored of other toys. I did have a few sets. The kids played with the things that they built

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 12:01 am
My kids liked them, but couldn't play for that long. I got frustrated picking up the pieces so often and got rid of them. The younger kids couldn't get them to fit together.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 2:23 am
Thanks! All helpful perspectives. Appreciate the replies

amother
Sunflower

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 9:15 am
I remember making these huge structures out of zoob. Like a dragon and an alligator. It was fun but a toy we took out when we needed a break from the other toys

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 9:41 am
Listen to your child.
Most of the time when a child wants a toy there is an emotional need for it.
also, toys dont necessarily have to last. It has to serve a purpose.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers