Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Brooklyn Store policies
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 2:55 pm
I know this conversation has come up 1 million times, but can we strike and boycott Brooklyn stores until they give us decent exchange and return policies?
I’m asking for decent , not extra privileges.
Can we seriously reach their pockets so they stop taking advantage of their customers? Yes, I feel very taken advantage of when there’s a one or two day exchange or store credit policy

amother
Cappuccino

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 2:58 pm
This became the norm after people abused the stores. People would wear clothing and shoes and try to return after Yom tov. Or people would take 200 pieces home to try on their kids and by the time they returned the store lost out on many customers.

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 3:00 pm
amother Cappuccino wrote:
This became the norm after people abused the stores. People would wear clothing and shoes and try to return after Yom tov. Or people would take 200 pieces home to try on their kids and by the time they returned the store lost out on many customers.

Why don’t they put tags in annoying places and only accept returns with tags on?
Tottini only allows ten returns from a purchase maybe that would solve the other problem?
I know it’s not as simple as we think. Everyone sees it from their end.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 3:09 pm
amother Cappuccino wrote:

Sorry, I never abuse the system and I’ve been a customer for 30 years. if people abuse the system, yes put tags in annoying places and don’t take back things that look used. don’t abuse me because others abuse you

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 3:12 pm
A store that does business in a place where people have lots of kids and want to match them, shouldn’t come there if they can’t handle the needs.
Yes they need policies in place, but the policies can’t take advantage of good customers. They hve to be decent enough.
Sorry but every time I walk into a local store I feel like they want your money and nothing else matters.

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 3:15 pm
I don't live in brooklyn, so I don't shop these places, but I don't see how you expect a small Frum owned business to be able to compete with the return policies of Target and Gap.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 3:25 pm
amother Whitesmoke wrote:
I don't live in brooklyn, so I don't shop these places, but I don't see how you expect a small Frum owned business to be able to compete with the return policies of Target and Gap.

Please don’t twist my words. I specified it in my OP. Did I ask for 90 days money back? How about 1 week store credit (NOT EVEN A REFUND!) so people can breathe?

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 3:28 pm
amother OP wrote:
I know this conversation has come up 1 million times, but can we strike and boycott Brooklyn stores until they give us decent exchange and return policies?
I’m asking for decent , not extra privileges.
Can we seriously reach their pockets so they stop taking advantage of their customers? Yes, I feel very taken advantage of when there’s a one or two day exchange or store credit policy

Stores can't afford more than afew days for returns, because they need the stock on the shelves.

SuperWify

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 3:28 pm
I walked into to two frum stores today. (Not Brooklyn.)

Store one- money back 2 days, I thought that was fair and even generous for Erev YT

Store two- money back but cash only 24 hours.

Guess where I purchased from….

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 3:29 pm
amother Denim wrote:
Stores can't afford more than afew days for returns, because they need the stock on the shelves.

A few days is perfect. 2 days is unacceptable.

amother
Currant

I once bought a full price dress and changed my mind and came back literally 20 minutes later and they wouldn't give me my money back. Their regular policy allowed for same or next day return for money back but it was Yom Tov season. I was pretty upset.

SuperWify

amother OP wrote:
Please don’t twist my words. I specified it in my OP. Did I ask for 90 days money back? How about 1 week store credit (NOT EVEN A REFUND!) so people can breathe?

One week is a lot. It’s Erev YT. If they don’t sell the item now they’ll have to sell it on sale.

Would you even want store credit? I wouldn’t.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 3:30 pm
SuperWify wrote:
I walked into to two frum stores today. (Not Brooklyn.)

Store one- money back 2 days, I thought that was fair and even generous for Erev YT

Store two- money back but cash only 24 hours.

Guess where I purchased from….

I don’t expect more than one day money back, but exchange or store credit at least one week

amother
Denim

amother OP wrote:

Many stores do have this.
But some stores change their policy during the busy erev yom tov season, because they need the stock in stores.

amother
Whitesmoke

amother OP wrote:

I'm sorry, it wasn't clear to me from your OP.

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 3:31 pm
amother OP wrote:
I don’t expect more than one day money back, but exchange or store credit at least one week

A week is a lot for erev yom tov. Stores can't afford to have stock sitting in people's homes for a week. They end up losing money.

amother
Apricot

people will buy and then decide they like another style better. They get enough returns as is.
There was a nice store in bp that let me exchange for same company different color/size even though it was bought in different store after the official return policy.

SuperWify

amother OP wrote:

But they can’t afford to have you holding onto to something you’re not keeping for a week.

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 3:32 pm
amother OP wrote:
A few days is perfect. 2 days is unacceptable.

I don't think 2 days is unacceptable during busy season.
Frum stores don't carry alot of stock like department stores do.
If you don't want an item, there's no reason that it should be sitting in your house for a week & for the store to lose out on a potential sale.

SuperWify

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 3:32 pm
amother Apricot wrote:
people will buy and then decide they like another style better. They get enough returns as is.
There was a nice store in bp that let me exchange for same company different color/size even though it was bought in different store after the official return policy.

That’s a different level of customer service.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics