Home
Log in / Sign Up
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Alternative treatments for allergies
1  2  Next



Post new topic   Reply to topic View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother
OP


 

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 5:37 am
My son has terrible seasonal allergies. He is stuffed up most of the year. He cannot take anti histamines or steroid sprays due to a medical condition. Does anyone know of any alternative practitioners in or near the lakewood area that can give him some relief? Acupuncture, craniosacral therapy or the like?
Back to top

adar




 
 
    
 

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 5:39 am
Dr Stanley Miller 8454253232. Hatzlocha!
Back to top

amother
OP


 

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 6:06 am
adar wrote:
Dr Stanley Miller 8454253232. Hatzlocha!

Thank you! What kind of practitioner is he?
Back to top

lilytee




 
 
    
 

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 6:21 am
Raw local honey
Back to top

amother
OP


 

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 6:49 am
lilytee wrote:
Raw local honey

Who sells this? Use it to cook or eat plain?
Back to top

adar




 
 
    
 

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 6:51 am
amother OP wrote:
Thank you! What kind of practitioner is he?


Chiropractor/alternative medine
Back to top

amother
NeonPurple


 

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 6:51 am
we've had hatzlacha with Advanced Allergy Therapeutics (AAT). I'm not in lakewood but it's a method that you could see if anyone there practices.
Back to top

amother
Yellow


 

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 8:34 am
Try NAET. There may be a professional on their site that works near Lakewood. I did it in NY and it worked wonders for my son's food allergies.
Back to top

amother
Salmon


 

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 8:45 am
amother NeonPurple wrote:
we've had hatzlacha with Advanced Allergy Therapeutics (AAT). I'm not in lakewood but it's a method that you could see if anyone there practices.


What type of method do they use?
Back to top

amother
NeonPurple


 

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 8:53 am
amother Salmon wrote:
What type of method do they use?

that IS the method

here is a write up about it from the place I went to
https://aimforwellbeing.org/tr.....utics
Back to top

amother
Emerald


 

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 8:56 am
I've done acupuncture. If you don't mind to travel, Shoshanna at red bank acupuncture is amazing
Back to top

amother
DarkOrange


 

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 9:17 am
Hatzlacha
Meanwhile, but it might be too late into this season, this product, Nasalcrom, has been amazing for my family. It's non-medicated, & if used consistently, & a couple of weeks preemptively before allergy season, can be very helpful (Dr. Weil is a world reknown Integrative Physician):

https://www.drweil.com/health-.....gies/
Back to top

amother
OP


 

Post Sat, Apr 06 2024, 8:04 pm
amother Emerald wrote:
I've done acupuncture. If you don't mind to travel, Shoshanna at red bank acupuncture is amazing

I don’t mind traveling to red bank. Did you use her for allergies? I’ve heard that only the Chinese method really works but I don’t know much about it at all.
Back to top

octopus




 
 
    
 

Post Sat, Apr 06 2024, 8:08 pm
Allergy shots!!! It's a real commitment there is a 15% chance it doesn't work, but 85% are great odds! Changed one of my kids life!!!

Its formally called immunotherapy.
Back to top

amother
OP


 

Post Sat, Apr 06 2024, 8:15 pm
octopus wrote:
Allergy shots!!! It's a real commitment there is a 15% chance it doesn't work, but 85% are great odds! Changed one of my kids life!!!

Its formally called immunotherapy.


We’re on our third year. It helped a bit but not so much. Our allergist says we need to give it more time.
Back to top

amother
Iris


 

Post Sat, Apr 06 2024, 8:16 pm
Not particularly alternative or groundbreaking in any way, but he should use a saline nasal spray regularly.
Back to top

octopus




 
 
    
 

Post Sat, Apr 06 2024, 8:24 pm
amother OP wrote:
We’re on our third year. It helped a bit but not so much. Our allergist says we need to give it more time.


Hmmm....three years of shots and not really helping?? I would say it's not working that great! The full course is five years , we did it for 6 years. We saw dramatic improvement (with some setbacks here and there). But now kid doesn't test allergic anymore to the seasonal allergies.
Back to top

amother
Gold


 

Post Sun, Apr 14 2024, 9:40 pm
amother OP wrote:
Who sells this? Use it to cook or eat plain?



Donna Dee honey is a Frum man in Toms River
His honey is delicious and local! It’s helped me
+1 (718) 613-9238
Back to top

greeneyed




 
 
    
 

Post Sun, Apr 14 2024, 9:41 pm
amother Emerald wrote:
I've done acupuncture. If you don't mind to travel, Shoshanna at red bank acupuncture is amazing


Can you post her contact?
Back to top

amother
PlumPink


 

Post Sun, Apr 14 2024, 9:57 pm
I 2nd NAET! I don't live near you so I don't know who does it in your area but definitely worth looking into
Back to top
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics




Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Tylenol alternative for baby
by amother
22 Yesterday at 10:59 am View last post
Has anyone tried the following treatments at August Bliss?
by amother
3 Wed, May 15 2024, 7:09 am View last post
Seasonal allergies
by amother
1 Mon, May 06 2024, 7:04 am View last post
Heal allergies
by amother
5 Sat, Apr 27 2024, 7:53 pm View last post
What is in the same class as cashews for allergies?
by amother
21 Fri, Apr 26 2024, 1:35 pm View last post