Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
What age did you start toilet training?

When did you start toilet training your child?
Before 18 months  
 0%  [ 1 ]
18 months-24 months  
 9%  [ 12 ]
24 months-30 months  
 35%  [ 44 ]
30 months-36 months  
 34%  [ 42 ]
Over age 3  
 19%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 123

readreread

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 6:17 pm
What age did you start, and how long did it take?

hodeez

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 6:29 pm
2.5 to 3
One kid was trained within the week, another took eternity +1

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 6:29 pm
I think you need to define what you mean by how long it took.

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 6:31 pm
At age 3 or within a few months after turning 3. Took me a couple days. It was easier cuz they were older. Planning on training my 3 year old over pesach.

amother
Kiwi

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 7:33 pm
2 kids at 23 months, 1 at 25 months. Took around 3-4 days for them to get the hang of it. I used the book Toilet Training in 3 days by Brandi Brucks. The method really worked for my kids

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 7:53 pm
Don't remember exactly, but my girls 2.5-3 and my boys 3.5. I followed their cues.

One boy I pushed because he needed to be toilet trained for school. He had just turned 3 and wasn't ready. A complete disaster and it took over a year to undo that mistake.

essie14

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 8:30 pm
Tried during covid quarantine when she was not yet 3, because we were all home anyway. She was totally not ready. A few months later she was ready and trained in 2 days.

dena613

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 8:33 pm
I didn't vote. the more kids I ahd, the later I started toilet training.

My oldest I started at 2.5. It took that dc the longest.
Starting after 3, and/or when child is truly ready makes a HUGE difference!!!!

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 8:41 pm
I started all 3 at 2.5
My oldest was NOT ready. And it was a huge struggle afterwards.
My 2nd a totally ready. Just to off her pamper and never made again.
3rd was 2 and he had the concept. Took a little into he was perfect at it.

My 2nd and 3rd kids, from when they understood the concept of the toilet, I would sit them on the toilet for a min or less just befit they went into the bath. We "wipe" and then go into the bath.
That feel amazing.
Then I bring out the potty I let them sit on it whenever they want with or without the pamper.
When I feel that the"got it" we announce that said child is HUGE and will from now on only make in the potty/toilet.
Bh so far it worked amazing. Let's hope it'll work with my kid who's turning 2 soon!
She's very very similar in nature (and looks!) to my oldest. So time will tell.

mazal555

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 8:49 pm
I do not toilet train any more. They do it when they are ready. I show them what to do and tell them I love them and they should do that whenever they are ready. I buy them underwear that they get to pick out. Then I do nothing. At some point they decide to do it and we have way less accidents and stress.

amother
Oldlace

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 8:49 pm
With my older 2 I started like 1 month before age 3. With #3 I started at age 2.5. Now #4 is an infant, but I want to start around 1.5 and see how that goes.

I used to think it was just easier to change their diapers than to have to help them pull up/down their clothes, find a bathroom, and wipe, but now I'm thinking maybe it is easier to do the latter. We'll see.

I would like a 2 - 2.5 yr age gap and only having the newborn in diapers, though I know that may not work out, I feel like it is worth a try.

Jewishmom8

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 10:03 am
when they are ready and asking for it.
otherwise, it really backfires and doesn't work.

amother
Sage

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 10:57 am
amother Oldlace wrote:
With my older 2 I started like 1 month before age 3. With #3 I started at age 2.5. Now #4 is an infant, but I want to start around 1.5 and see how that goes.

I used to think it was just easier to change their diapers than to have to help them pull up/down their clothes, find a bathroom, and wipe, but now I'm thinking maybe it is easier to do the latter. We'll see.

I would like a 2 - 2.5 yr age gap and only having the newborn in diapers, though I know that may not work out, I feel like it is worth a try.

sounds like trouble.. pushing a kid for your own benefit (one child in diapers etc) is asking for it to backfire...

Alwaysmiling

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 11:19 am
amother Kiwi wrote:
2 kids at 23 months, 1 at 25 months. Took around 3-4 days for them to get the hang of it. I used the book Toilet Training in 3 days by Brandi Brucks. The method really worked for my kids

Another vote for this book.
I trained my son at 2.5 and girls by 2.2.

I trained both of my girls after I read this book and it was extremely helpful.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training