Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Dining room table protector

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 9:38 am
Who in Lakewood will come to the house to do a custom table pad to protect my table? Alternatively, which place can I call to do a glass top for it?

amother
Lilac

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 11:57 am
Also looking for this if anyone knows

Amarante

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 12:21 pm
Do you want a glass top because any glass company can do custom orders.

Are you looking for the very classic stiff protectors. My mother had those and when she gave me her table, she gave me those. They are thick felt with some kind of plastic waterproof top and they fold up when not using. You place the tablecloth over them.

I have seen these for sale on line. I imagine you just give them the measurements are most tables are standard sizes and shapes and not irregular.

Another option is to have what is called a "bar" finish for your table. My friend did this and essentially the table top is finished like a wood floor would be. It isn't completely water proof of course as you need to wipe up drenching spills like you would a wood floor but it is protective of normal wet spills and drops. These aren't heat proof so anything hot and she uses a trivet or pad.

amother
Lilac

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 3:02 pm
I'm looking for something more like Lucite. Any idea who can do this?

Amarante

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 3:04 pm
Why lucite?

It scratches much more easily than glass and it also has a tendency to turn yellow.

I love lucite and have lucite legs on some of my furniture but I don't think I would want it as a protector a dining room table because it is a bit delicate.

That said, if you have your heart set on lucite, look up "plexiglass" in the yellow pages. I had some custom plexiglass done when I remodeled and used a plexiglass fabricator I found by googling.

amother
Lilac

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 3:22 pm
I just assumed that's what would protect the table but I guess not Smile. So I guess I'm looking for glass then.

bargainlover

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 6:34 pm
There’s someone Steinmetz that does table protectors in Lakewood. Pretty sure he advertises in the BP.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries