Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Manicures
1  2  Next

Do you get (or give yourself) manicures?
Religiously  
 26%  [ 11 ]
Occasionally  
 43%  [ 18 ]
Rarely  
 29%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 41

Lady Godiva

Post Wed, Aug 20 2008, 11:30 pm
Do you take care of your nails?
I see women who put globs of makeup on their face Puke but leave their nails undone.
?????

Maya

Post Wed, Aug 20 2008, 11:34 pm
Religiously. I'm almost obsessed. Smile

greenfire

Post Wed, Aug 20 2008, 11:55 pm
I don't make up my face ... nor do I make up my nails ... however I do keep my nails pretty well groomed (at least when I'm not in my sewer pipes) ... if I have somewhere to go and I get dressed up you might find me with make-up and nail polish about 2x a year ...

amother

Post Thu, Aug 21 2008, 2:08 am
Very Rarely.

I can't deal with the idea of having to scrap off polish before mikvah.

Last time I got them done was when I was pregnant right before Rosh Hashana (years ago). I lost that baby, so I have a bad associations with getting my nails done.

Amital

Post Thu, Aug 21 2008, 3:24 am
I trim, file, and push back cuticles regularly. But I don't do polish (on my fingers, always on my toes). It always seems to chip right away, and I hate how chipped polish looks. So does that count as a manicure?

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Aug 21 2008, 4:01 am
Deleted

Last edited by amother on Thu, Jan 18 2018, 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Aidelmom

Post Thu, Aug 21 2008, 5:54 am
ok, why isn't there a never choice?

ETA hadn't read your post Lady- My nails are not disgusting even if I don't get manicures. Confused

Last edited by Aidelmom on Thu, Aug 21 2008, 5:59 am; edited 1 time in total

amother

Post Thu, Aug 21 2008, 5:54 am
If I lived in NY I'd get them done all the time. It just looks and feels nice. In NY you can get manicures for $7. Where I live they charge $14-20, more for a French. Sometimes it's the time you need, but if I could do it for $7 I'd have a standing appt every two weeks.

shopaholic

Post Thu, Aug 21 2008, 6:11 am
I get a manicure every 2-3 weeks & in between I do my nails myself. DH likes them painted (so do I) esp since I won't bite them when they're painted.

Raisin

Post Thu, Aug 21 2008, 8:34 am
Never ever. I had it done once for a wedding but I really don't have the patience. embarrassed

And my nails or not disgusting, nor do I put on globs of makeup.

btw for those who don't like polish you can get this nail kit which includes a nail polisher thing. it looks like a small foam brick, with different coloured sides - pink, grey, charcoal. You can get your nails looking really shiny and beautiful if you have the patience and about 10 minutes.

octopus

Post Thu, Aug 21 2008, 9:01 am
when I was dating dh, my nails were always done. After we got married, I became pregnant and afterwards, while nursing, I became crazy, fanatic about terotogens (however you spell that). Anyway, one day, when dh was walking off the train, he passed a nail salon that had the door open. He told me that the smell was disgusting and he doesn't want me walking into a salon because he thinks the smell is dangerous. Oh well. Now that I really would like a manicure, I know this would upset dh.

greenfire

Post Thu, Aug 21 2008, 9:39 am
raisin - it's a buffer ...

and for the amother who is scraping it off ... they do make nail polish remover ... makes it easier ...

TheBeinoni

Post Thu, Aug 21 2008, 9:49 am
I go once a week for a manicure (my lady charges $6!!!) I keep them relatively short and usually get a very sheer color. If I don't take care of them, I start to pick at them and bite them! embarrassed

Pineapple

Post Thu, Aug 21 2008, 9:59 am
I've had a manicure maybe 3 times 2 of the times I was "pushed" into doing it. I personally think its a waste of money

bpgirl

Post Thu, Aug 21 2008, 10:06 am
I get a manicure once a week. I love when its done with coler...
a pedicure like once a month

his_sweety

Post Thu, Aug 21 2008, 10:07 am
I was big on gel & tips before I got married but it's hard to take it off for the mikvah so I stopped.
Regular polish doesn't pay since it chips within 2-3 days.

greeneyes

Post Thu, Aug 21 2008, 10:17 am
I love getting my nails done, and when I was single I had them done every 5-6 days, religiously. Now, I certainly don't have the time for that. LOL And besides, between washing dishes and cooking, the polish would chip off too quickly.

Kmommy18

Post Thu, Aug 21 2008, 11:02 am
greeneyes wrote:
I love getting my nails done, and when I was single I had them done every 5-6 days, religiously. Now, I certainly don't have the time for that. LOL And besides, between washing dishes and cooking, the polish would chip off too quickly.

That's exactly what I was going to say! I wish I could go for manicures more often... but I can't seem to find the time... and when I have the time, I have my baby with me who refuses to sit still in the stroller while I them done...

Lady Godiva

Post Thu, Aug 21 2008, 11:16 am
Quote:
ok, why isn't there a never choice?

ETA hadn't read your post Lady- My nails are not disgusting even if I don't get manicures. Confused

I put a Never choice but I guess the site only allows 3 choices...

By the way I used Puke for globs of makeup, not for undone nails...

greenfire

Post Thu, Aug 21 2008, 11:23 am
no no no ... there are more options (I think up to 10 ) ... but you must click the last one as if you will need another option and then leave the last one blank if you want all your options in the poll ...
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics