Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Yes, another Betty thread! Meat or dairy?

seeker

Post Mon, Apr 15 2024, 8:54 am
I finally bought myself one for Pesach. But just one. Need to decide what to use it for.

I do not have a toaster or microwave for pesach. I always aim to keep my oven parve but it usually gets fleishigged at some point. Until then I use it for both meat and dairy, just not at the same time and wrapped well. Most things just go on the stovetop.

I've always been fine like this, but with all the Betty hype plus a decent sale at Bingo, I hopped on board and now I don't know what to do with it.

I didn't realize it doesn't stand up but based on another thread here I see I'm going to need to buy accessories for it already Can't Believe It standing up was an important part of the strategy as space is some of the reason I don't have a microwave or toaster. Was there a different brand of the same thing that stands? Why would they even make a large round flattish item without simply making one side straight enough to stand up? Come on, Betty!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Apr 15 2024, 8:57 am
I would do milchig and then not worry about the oven becoming fleishig
Kids are independent with the Betty Crocker and are very unlikely to be in the mood of just cooking themselves a fleishig item on Pesach and it's not really big enough to cook for a family a full meal.
They can use it like a griddle for eggs if you're using the stove to cook for Yom Tov/Shabbos/Yom Tov or have it closed for matzah pizza etc

bsy

Post Mon, Apr 15 2024, 8:58 am
It's great for matza pizza! We used it multiple times a day for that and scrambled eggs. Use parchment paper so you don't have to wash it.

doodlesmom

Post Mon, Apr 15 2024, 8:58 am
I use mine on pesach as the only milchig cooking option (since the pesach kitchen is in the basement but we eat breakfast upstairs.)
All eggs etc get made on it.

My fleishig one I use not as much. Only if I’m away chol hamoed. But really it could be used for searing, frying, baking fish, yummy potatoes etc…

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Apr 15 2024, 8:59 am
I don't find it useful for meat. It's very useful for dairy.

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Apr 15 2024, 9:10 am
bsy wrote:
It's great for matza pizza! We used it multiple times a day for that and scrambled eggs. Use parchment paper so you don't have to wash it.

For scrambled eggs - do you spray the parchment with spray oil and leave the cover up? Does it have to preheat first?
Also, do you put silver foil under the Betty? I have it on a folding table. Got it for the in between turning over stage.

Highstrung

Post Mon, Apr 15 2024, 9:14 am
amother Blonde wrote:
For scrambled eggs - do you spray the parchment with spray oil and leave the cover up? Does it have to preheat first?
Also, do you put silver foil under the Betty? I have it on a folding table. Got it for the in between turning over stage.

You don’t need foil on the table. I make omelets and stuff in it . I cover it for a couple of minutes but not too long .
And yes I use cooking spray on the parchment paper .
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen