Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Unpesaching and Rechametzing - can anyone post an ORDER?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 30 2024, 10:01 pm
I feel like unpesaching and rechamatzing have to go in a certain order. Does anyone have a good list? thanks

Comptroller

Post Tue, Apr 30 2024, 10:05 pm
1) Clear away pessachdig
2) Let chametz enter the home.

Nobody leaves the house until pessach stuff is cleared away.
There is no having pizza unless pessach stuff is cleared away. No waiting in queues to buy chametz before pessach stuff is cleared away. Nobody died from waiting a bit longer before the pizza or whatever it has to be.

hodeez

Post Tue, Apr 30 2024, 10:06 pm
Empty out all pesach containers and wash and dry. Put away all the pesach stuff. Refill your cabinets with the chametz stuff

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 30 2024, 10:53 pm
thanks everyone.

more lists please.

especially what I'm looking for is random pesach items around the house that I want to be put away for next year

amother
Dustypink

Post Tue, Apr 30 2024, 11:00 pm
Make two lists now:
1. Inventory of what you have
2. Shopping list for next year

Before you start the laundry, put up a load of Pesachdik towels, pot holders, aprons, bibs, seder pillowcases, tablecloths, and other random washable items that need to be cleaned (pacifier clips, anyone?)

dankbar

Post Tue, Apr 30 2024, 11:03 pm
Also list your menu, what did work and what didn't. How much you bought from each item , how much you used, if it was enough or need more.
Also the calendar which days was yt.
How many people you had at each meal.

dankbar

Post Tue, Apr 30 2024, 11:11 pm
Also if you need any kitchen stuff that you were missing, utensils, more pot, more dishtowels, more knives, peelers, or if anything broke?

Reminder to buy new broom/dustpan, 10 crumbs, bedikas chomets sets, plastic aprons, foil pans, silver foil, containers, bottles so you have these things gs before you start next yr.

Whatever stayed over that has klp hechsher, put away for next year because it's more expensive instead of using throughout yr, like parchment paper, paper towel, Napkins, foil pans, containers, anything that will come in contact with food.

Closed klp food can be stored for next yr like potato starch, oil, sugar,
Also cosmetics and meds, like klp Tylenol, benadryl, toothpaste, toothbrushes, hand creams, hand soaps, cleansers, soft scrub, steel wool, sponges, bottle brushes, bBy bottles, sippy cups, muffin liners, fridge liners, bags, straws, gas bibs, trash bags....whatever you use only pesach put away.

You don't need three boxes garbage bags for next few weeks, or 5 boxes plastic tablecloths or double straws, foil, bags, and next year need to but everything g new again

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 1:23 am
great stuff!
thank you so much!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics