Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
2 cribs? Options?

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 10:42 am
I have a small 2 bedroom apartment with a toddler and baby. Trying to figure out the best sleeping arrangements.

The 2 year old is in a crib and I’d like to keep him in there as long as possible. I plan on transferring him to a toddler bed when he starts to complain or starts climbing out. But for now it’s still working really well. The crib can also convert to a toddler bed. Also in the room is a single twin bed, which I use a lot, DH and I have single siblings who like to stay over a lot. I don’t have room for another full sized crib. Now I want to move my baby to that room, what do I do? Get a tiny crib so it can also fit? How long would that last? Move toddler to a small bed anyway, even though it’s working so well, and baby to crib? Just give up on having siblings and get rid of twin?

bargainlover

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 10:52 am
What about a pack n play?

scintilla

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 10:56 am
A mini crib has worked well for me for a while, though my kids are on the smaller side. What about getting a loft bed and putting a crib underneath it? Would the guests still be comfortable?

amother
Gardenia

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 11:39 am
Having a new sibling is not a reason for toddler to get moved out of their crib which provides comfort and safety. If toddler is ready to be moved maturity and emotionally (if expressed any signs of jealousy towards baby Toddler should not have their personal space removed and given to baby) then go for the bed or toddler bed. Otherwise toddler should stay in bed and purchase a portable crib for baby (if you choose pack n play your call but I don't know why people do that)they.
Even if you choose to put toddler into twin bed (with safety bar) you can still host siblings. This is a two year old who can happily be made snuggly on the floor foe guest

zaq

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 12:35 pm
Put the newcomer in a pack and play for as long as you can manage.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics