Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Milichig and fleishig high chair tray?
1  2  Next

yo'ma

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 10:49 am
I have one for milichig and one for fleishig, but I did hear once, don't remember where and from who, that you don't have to. Do you have 2 of them?

greenfire

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 10:53 am
I had two of them ... I find it much easier as kiddies are such messypoos ...

I believe I have heard that since the food is not hot that a baby would eat ... but what about when you put the food to cool down before you put the baby in ... and again they do not keep the food in a plate ...

Tamiri

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 10:57 am
You don't have to.

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 11:02 am
I never did but honestly, I always felt like the darn thing was treif!

zigi

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 11:03 am
my high chair came with 2 trays. so I have one of each. I do put food directly on the tray. if I put it on hte plate the baby always mushes around with it any way. I heard that the food you put on the tray isn't hot enough to cause problems.

Aidelmom

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 11:03 am
Also which sink would you wash it in if you have 2 sinks?

DREAMING

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 11:04 am
I have thought about it but I don't have two trays - I do feel the tray is not "kosher" but after all - the baby eats meat and then gets milk in a bottle.....

Crayon210

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 11:04 am
zigi wrote:
I heard that the food you put on the tray isn't hot enough to cause problems.

That's so funny, because I'm sure people *do* sometimes put hot enough food on the tray. How does anyone know how hot the food is?

I think part of this might have to do with neatness. Based on Tamiri's kitchen and bathroom, she is probably perfectly capable of having one tray. Based on my kitchen and bathroom...well, there's a reason I haven't posted pictures.

Last edited by Crayon210 on Sun, Aug 24 2008, 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 11:06 am
Aidelmom wrote:

Good question. I more or less washed in whichever sink was appropriate according to what food was on it at the time.. and I used cold water.

Aidelmom

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 11:07 am
I"m so confused sometimes I wash it in the bathroom sink.

Tamiri

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 11:10 am
Crayon210 wrote:

That's so funny, because I'm sure people *do* sometimes put hot enough food on the tray. How does anyone know how how the food is?
I think part of this might have to do with neatness. Based on Tamiri's kitchen and bathroom, she is probably perfectly capable of having one tray. Based on my kitchen and bathroom...well, there's a reason I haven't posted pictures.

You know, that halachically you don't even need a tablecloth on a formica table? There are rules and regulations as to what makes something traif. Putting babies already cooked food on a tray isn't going to make it specifically meat or dairy. We adults are more careful and pile on syag after syag, but the tray is probably always in neutral status.
And yes, Crayon dahlink: the tray was removed and scrubbed after every meal. Bleached regularly. Though I have to admit that for the last 2 kids we didn't bother with a high chair: we used one of those boosters that can be strapped to a chair and pulled up to the table. It was just easier to keep clean (plastic chair underneath) embarrassed
Just don't imagine my house as a museum. It's not. I can't hold a candle to the clean Israelis. Too many kids, too much junk. But it's decent.....

Tamiri

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 11:11 am
ChossidMom wrote:
Aidelmom wrote:

Good question. I more or less washed in whichever sink was appropriate according to what food was on it at the time.. and I used cold water.

Yes of course. You wash milchig mess off in milchig sink. Fleishig mess in fleishig sink. And if you only have one sink as I did in all my years in the U.S. - you don't have a problem! It's treif anyway.
For Pesach we covered the tray with contact paper or aluminum foil.

Crayon210

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 11:13 am
Tamiri wrote:
Crayon210 wrote:

That's so funny, because I'm sure people *do* sometimes put hot enough food on the tray. How does anyone know how how the food is?

Just don't imagine my house as a museum. It's not. I can't hold a candle to the clean Israelis. Too many kids, too much junk. But it's decent.....

With all your boys בלי עין הרע, I'm sure it's not a museum. But I'm impressed nevertheless!

Helani

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 11:16 am
Two. I put hot food on it. My toddler knows not to touch something if I tell him it's "hot". Also, I like using hot water and appropriate sponges to wash them. cold water just doesn't work. (I do have a booster with a tray on it, not regular high chair).

TwinsMommy

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 8:18 pm

4 if you count the trays for both high chairs (twins.)

8 if you count the trays for the high chairs AND the booster seats.

12 if you count the trays for the booster seats that were just given to us to use as spare booster seats to take to restaurants while we leave the highchairs in the bedroom (that's where the tv/dvd is and I like the kids to watch elmo once in a while) and the booster seats at the table.

um, yeah. 12 trays. all fleish trays get washed fleish and all milk trays get washed milk.

But really, both twins prefer to just eat cheerios off the floor. Smile

Pineapple

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 8:22 pm
We had two trays but one became trief accidentaly but I continued keeping the fleishig one fleishig

supermama2

Post Mon, Aug 25 2008, 9:36 am
Aidelmom: I wash the tray by itself w/ soap and papertowels over a sink that I do not use for washing dishes. Yes, I feel the tray is not kosher too.. ach.. maybe time to move peanut to a regular chair at the table lol

flowerpower

Post Mon, Aug 25 2008, 10:59 am
I have two trays. If dd eats warm meat on her tray (of course she spills her plate) and the next day eats warm pizza on it, I wouldn't feel so comfortable.

Motek

Post Tue, Aug 26 2008, 11:41 am
Tamiri wrote:
[I can't hold a candle to the clean Israelis. Too many kids, too much junk.

Clean Israelis have fewer than 5 kids?

OldYoung

Post Tue, Aug 26 2008, 11:51 am
Well our high chair came with 2 extra trays so I figured why not have a milchig, fleishig and pareve tray?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen