Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Go-Go Babyz Stroller

Good or Bad: Go Go Babyz Urban Advantage Stroller
Good  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Bad  
 100%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 1

Imawoman

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 4:50 pm
My DH and I are thinking about purchasing the Go-Go Babyz Urban Advantage stroller. Has anyone used this and can you please write some reviews. We heard some negative things about the stability with a car seat, is this true?

LOL

Ima2

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 7:31 pm
never heard of this stroller. check it out online and look for reviews. usually babiesrus has great reviews, but I don't thnk I've seen it on there. Google the name of the stroller and type after it reviews. Something should come up.

Imawoman

Post Mon, Aug 25 2008, 7:20 am
We've read ALL the reviews out there, and we've gone to the one store in the city that sells it to see it in person, but we want to hear what all the 'imamothers' out there think of this stroller. I have my reservations - it isn't the best one - but it is affordable and looks better than a GRACO.

If anyone would kindly share their opinion on the Go-Go Babyz Urban Advantage, it would be much appreciated!

Thank you.

YALT

Post Mon, Aug 25 2008, 8:13 am
I have it.
Don't buy it in Little King & Queen! I think they have a whole load of defective ones.
Everyone I know who bought it in COstco were very happy!

In bold, is the description I put onto Craigslist for mine.
I'm trying to sell it. Even for $40. I think it's definitely worth more!

three-wheeled - great for narrow-shoveled paths in snow - lift on front wheel
front wheel - swivel
can be used with your infant car seat for newborns - comes with a seatbelt extension, to fasten it in place well-cushioned, washable seat pad
up to 40 pounds
five-point harness
parent tray with place for 2 cups & closed compartment for keys, phone, etc...
child tray
2 smaller pockets behind seat for extra storage
really large storage basket underneath!
4-position seat - can lay flat, sit upright, or lounge in between
extra-long canopy
Easy 1-hand fold

The things I didn't like were:

the cup holder in child's tray is too small to fit wide bottles, and too shallow to hold tall bottles.
the material was so thin, that the side of the canopy tore within a month. But it seems that it's been improved, as all the people I know who have this carriage, it seems like it's thicker material.
the footstand in front never worked.
The colors available when I got it were quite weird!

I was the first to get it. I didn't know anyone else with it, and at that time, there weren't too many reviews online. What there was - were good.
About 2 months after I bought it, and rated it, I found alot more reviews - all with the same problems I had.
About 1 year later, Costco started carrying it, and that's where the people I know bought it. They were all happy with it.
Whenever I saw someone in the street with one, I asked them if they were happy with it. There may have been 1 person out of 8/9 that wasn't happy with their purchase.

Little King & Queen's policy is no returns - any problems: go to manufacturer.
When you go to manufacturer, he tries to convince you that you're not using it properly, and that it's my luck ot purchase something that size, and I obviously didn't do ENOUGH research before buying. As soon as I mentioned BBB, he denied all he had just told me, and told me to bring it into the store and he'll arrange for them to exchange the piece. The next piece was obviously from the same batch.
I don't mean to talk negative about a store, and I agree they seem like very nice, mentshlich women in there. But she even told me that she got a really good deal for them, since she bought them by a show, and they were trying to get rid of them.
Costco - atleast they have a no questions asked, return policy even after any so called warranty the product has. So if you don't like it, or it doesn't meet your needs/wants, put it in the car and take it back to the store.

Hope that was helpful! Anymore questions, feel free to PM me.

Imawoman

Post Mon, Aug 25 2008, 8:24 am
Oh wow! Thanks YALT!

Did you use it with an infant car seat? If so, which one? Did it fit in properly? Was the stroller able to maintain balance?

The floor model had fabric that looked really worn. Have you noticed that with yours? Does your child find it comfortable?

Thanks for the warning - I've never heard of that store. It's interesting that only ONE small store carries it in the Greater Toronto Area (other than COSTCO.ca). If we do buy this stroller, we are trying to figure out whether it's better to buy it here - but pay a bit more money, or buy it in the States. It would mean that someone would have to shelp it across the border and I'm not sure how the warranty would work.

Another concern I have is that supposedly they are switching from pneumatic tires to the rubberized ones. I'll have to be extra careful when buying so as not to purchase the hard rubber/plastic ones!

I noticed how small that cup holder is. It's not a make-or-break feature for me, but it is rather odd. Have you found any bottles that fit into it?

The stroller we saw had only 3 recline positions.

The folding mechanism was really easy! And it actually fit into the trunk of our car. If only other all-terrain/jogging strollers were that compact.

Thanks again!

YALT

Post Mon, Aug 25 2008, 9:51 am
I only used the carseat on it when going from car to inside house. But I know there is a list of which carsesats are compatible with it. Not all of them are. I think the newest Graco at that time wasn't compatible, which was silly, since I had planned to buy the newest style. But while I was in the store, we tried on dif. carseats to the stroller, and saw how some rested beautifully, while others were pretty scary.
I think I had an Evenflo carseat in the end (I just used my sister's, as by the time I needed to buy, I saw he wouldn't last too long in it, and I had to get a reversible carseat. Those definitely don't fit.

About the fabric, the floor model didn't look worn, but it did look see-thru. If you put up your fingers behind the material, your can see how many fingers are up. But then, as I wrote b4, within a month the hood wore away in the corners on the side. It's like the strings of the material just disintegrated in a small area. I can still walk around with it, and people don't notice. I've pointed it out to people, and they say they didn't even notice. BUT I NOTICE! It also did it by another area that had to do with the seat position. But they're both things that won't make the baby unsafe. It just doesn't look nice. For those who notice it.

DS was so comfortable in it, that he slept so well in there. He loved it. And others that saw, were jealous that it cam ewith that extra padding.

Little K&Q is located in BoroPark. Here, in NY, you also can't find it in too many stores. If you can get it in Costco - do so! They don't go by warranties. Their warranty is lifetime! With no arguments! One worker over there even said too me that he's not allowed to say so, but it is true. Even after the manufacturer's warranties all expire, Costco will still take it back, and refund you the complete price you paid.
Can you pay for it on costco.com site (USA site, with US $$) and then they ship it to you - from wherever they choose? Then you don't need to deal with the border, yet you can get the better price.

I don't know the story with the new tires. SOmeone else here with the newer version will need to talk up.

The only bottles that I think will fit there are the old style bottles (gerber, Target,...) but only the 4 oz ones. I don't remember. I do have the Target bottles, but at a certain point, I couldn't use them on him anymore. I'd rather that his food settles comfortably, than that his bottle **** rest peacefully in an upright position in his carriage. So I just started placing his bottles in the pocket behind the seat.

I just checked, and ours does have 4 positions. The laying flat position does not "click into place. It just flat. The most upright position clicks into place, but to get it into that position, you need to move certain parts of fabric out of the way. And that position is straight-back upright!

THe folding IS really easy! And before paying for it, I made sure it didn't take up ½ my father's trunk. It took much less room than the Graco we had originally bought & returned (it was defective).

Imawoman

Post Mon, Aug 25 2008, 10:09 am
YALT, you are a thorough reviewer!

I checked costco.com and they seem to have the newer rubber wheels - not the pneumatic ones.

It does take up half our trunk - but at least it fits! That's more than I can say about other strollers (like the Jeep Limited by Kolcraft Sad ).

YALT

Post Mon, Aug 25 2008, 10:18 am
You're Welcome!
Thanks for the compliment. I know exactly what it's like not hearing proper reviews.
Which is why I got the Phil'n'Teds when DD was born. I wanted something that was tried & true, rather than take more risks.
Well, let me know what you do in the end, and tell me after how you like it!

Imawoman

Post Mon, Aug 25 2008, 10:20 am
Which stroller do you like better - the Phil&Ted's or Urban Advantage?

I will most definitely update you on my final decision!

YALT

Post Mon, Aug 25 2008, 10:28 am
I used to make so much fun of the Phil & Teds. You put the baby into the shelf (at newborn), toddler sits in basket, ....
But I was finally convinced that it IS the ONLY practical solution when you need a double.

My neighbor bought it with her first child, and says she likes it, but it wasn't worth buying as a single. If she already needed a double, and then used it as a single - yes! But to buy as a single, hoping to IY"H need it as a double was not worth the weight....

For a double, I must admit, it really is great! I won't go into details now, as then the whole thread will turn to that, and I'm sure there already are other threads about it, as it is a popular one.

As a single, I would definitely go for the GoGoBabyz (Urban Advatage) providing there is a good warranty (like, Costco!) just in case I get another "bad one"

GAMZu

Post Mon, Aug 25 2008, 7:16 pm
YALT, a bit OT question about the Phil & Ted's... What do you do when the baby is 5-6-7 months old and wants to sit sometimes, but has to lie down most of the time?

You can't use it in the newborn mode bec the baby be seated that way. And you can't use it in the toddler-in-basket mode because neither seat reclines. What

YALT

Post Mon, Aug 25 2008, 8:23 pm
GAMZu,
The seats both recline a bit (more in the newer models than the older)
DS loves walking most of the time. Since DD was about 3½ months, I have it in "feet-in-basket" position. I normally put DD in front, and if she really wants to sleep (which she doesn't do too often anyways in the carriage) then I lay back her seat. Anyways, DS is walking. There was once or twice when he all of a sudden decided to sit, when she was sleeping. So I had him sit on that triangle piece above the front wheel. He loved it! But you need to be careful, bec. his feet can get tangled up when you turn, and the wheel turns.

YALT

Post Tue, May 12 2009, 6:49 am
I just came back to this thread to give a complete description to my sister who is giving mine to someone who needs a stroller.
Finally getting rid of it! Now DH is having regrets. He said he really wants to keep it bec. the seat is more padded and comfy than the Phil&Ted.

Well, Imawoman, I was wondering what you did in the end. Please let us know what you got in the end, & how you like it.

BTW, the reason I finally got rid of it now, is because I was telling my sister about a gr8 metziah I just got! I found on Craigslist a twin Combi for $30. It's exactly what we need for our trip to UK now! And for whenever we go away (atleast 2x/year - for Yomtov.)
The Phil& Ted takes too much space in car when you need to fill it with suitcases as well.

Imawoman

Post Wed, May 20 2009, 8:48 am
We bought a Valco Baby.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics