Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
My fathers third yartziet

supermom

Post Mon, Aug 25 2008, 1:17 pm
Sunday was my fathers 3rd yartziet. I can't believe it is already 3 years. Our family has put up a blog in honor of my father. www.shmuelshuchat.blog.com

Tehilla

Post Mon, Aug 25 2008, 1:20 pm
my husband posted a comment on the CH site. we worked with him for years. he did "Baruch Haba" at our chuppah, and another bracha at our Sheva Brachos. he was a very very special person, and we mention him from time to time and especially when we see our wedding pictures.

may his neshama have the highest aliya possible in Gan Eden and plead successfully for klal yisroel!

Clarissa

Post Mon, Aug 25 2008, 1:29 pm
How sad. He was so young, and ALS is so very difficult. He looks like he was a lovely man.

mama-star

Post Mon, Aug 25 2008, 2:00 pm
your father was the most kind and sweet man. what an erlicher yid. I did not know he was niftar and I am sorry to hear that. he was so sincere. his neshama should have an aliya.

supermom

Post Tue, Aug 26 2008, 4:39 am
Thanks everyone it really means a lot to hear from others. It still feels so new eventhough it has been already three years. Mamastar, don't know why but a couple of people have told me the same thing that they didn't even know he past away. I thought everyone knew just because by the shiva my siblings told me it was jammed packed. People were coming over till three in the morning on some days. And that is when most poeple were in the country still. Only after my father was nifter did we hear from others what a special person he was.

A short story. When we were sitting shiva my aunt (from marriage) met a [gentile] on the street and he told her a cheery good morning. Just to be polite she said good morning back and how are you so he answered her thank G-D yom yom. My aunt was shocked because the only person that said it was my father. She asked him where he got that line from and he said he got it from a man that he bumped into one day. When he said it to him he asked him what it meant and the guy told him. So since then he tells it to everyone and it always brings a smile to people. My aunt asked the guy what the man looked like and he explained my father exactly. She was amazed how a little hello goes a long way. She then told him that my father passed away and he was very saddened.

Unfortantly only after a person is nifter that family and others really hear what type of a person the person really was. Sad

zufriedene

Post Tue, Aug 26 2008, 6:12 am
the blog describes a beautiful personality, I hope u find comfort by knowing that u opened up such an inspiring thread leilu nishmoso.
hopefully he'll have an aliyas nshama, and bring Moshiach bkarov.

mama-star

Post Tue, Aug 26 2008, 6:25 am
Quote:
My aunt asked the guy what the man looked like and he explained my father exactly.

let me guess. he said, "tall, thin, big glasses, big smile, brown knitted yarmulke?" Very Happy

it makes me smile just to remember him. what a beautiful jew!

supermom

Post Tue, Aug 26 2008, 10:38 am
I am smiling!! He said tall, thin, big glasses, and yes a smile on his face. Nope never mentioned the kippa though. Now you got me crying but in a good sense.

sarahnurit

Post Tue, Aug 26 2008, 12:12 pm
Supermom, your father was a very special person, and he is still here in this world in the memories of the people that met him and were influenced by his carismatic behavior...
Hugs to you!

supermom

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 11:03 am
Thank you sarahnurit.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics