Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Vacation ideas within 2.5 hours of baltimore

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 1:19 pm
We would love to go somewhere off the grid.
We love Lancaster but not sure where to stay that's a good price and can accommodate us.
We prefer to stay at an IHG hotel and use points and need a joined room or a suite for my kids. many hotels don't let you book the larger rooms with points. Staybridge would be a good option
Also a possibility of renting an AirBNB if you have experience with that please provide

amother
Tangerine

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 1:25 pm
Have you done shenandoah or assateague island?
Neither are 'off the grid' per se but super amazing. No real recs for what you are asking as we only took one kid

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 1:31 pm
amother Tangerine wrote:
Have you done shenandoah or assateague island?
Neither are 'off the grid' per se but super amazing. No real recs for what you are asking as we only took one kid

Thanks, gonna check those ideas out! I never heard of those, what states are they in?

amother
Poinsettia

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 1:46 pm
Shenandoah - I think it’s West Virginia. Really gorgeous
Deep creek- they have a lot of air b n b options
I think assatuege island is in Maryland or maybe Virginia. There are wild horses on the beach it’s really beautiful

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 1:50 pm
amother Poinsettia wrote:
Shenandoah - I think it’s West Virginia. Really gorgeous
Deep creek- they have a lot of air b n b options
I think assatuege island is in Maryland or maybe Virginia. There are wild horses on the beach it’s really beautiful

Thats so cool! did you stay in assatuege island or do you need to stay in ocean city or some place nearby? How do you get to the Island?

amother
Vermilion

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 1:59 pm
Cape May

Take a ferry from lewes ferry terminal. Tons to do there.

Storybook land if you have little kids.
Cape May zoo.-It's free.
Whale watching boat.
Waterfront biking.
Non swim beach with sand toys...
lighthouses.

amother
Daisy

We stayed at the Staybridge Suites Harrisburg Points a few years ago, in a 2 bedroom suite, on points.

Gettysburg or Mount Vernon might also be options.

Atlantic City, if it's not too far. There's a Club Wyndham that is basically apartments you can book for vacation stays.

amother
Tangerine

Assateague you can stay nearby. We found an Airbnb in snow hill. You can also stay in ocean city!
You drive onto the island there’s a bridge.
It’s easy and accessible and we say tons of wild horses. It’s super cool.

doctorima

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 2:20 pm
Shenandoah is in Virginia, not WV. Nearby Luray Caverns is wonderful!

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 3:46 pm
amother Daisy wrote:
We stayed at the Staybridge Suites Harrisburg Points a few years ago, in a 2 bedroom suite, on points.

Gettysburg or Mount Vernon might also be options.

Atlantic City, if it's not too far. There's a Club Wyndham that is basically apartments you can book for vacation stays.

Is their a lot to do in Harrisburg with little kids? I have a baby and a toddler, we love petting zoos and out doors type of things

amother
Azure

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 4:14 pm
Shenandoah valley is fun for a few days away from Baltimore. There’s the luray caverns, route 11 potato chip factory in mount Jackson, a cool living history museum in Staunton that is worth going to- (outdoor much like Mount Vernon type history type),Shenandoah valley discovery museum (like a Hands on children’s museum) in Winchester, great country farms in bluemont.

A lot of what I listed above - some things are on the way to another activity so you can combine a couple activities in one day.

had a great experience with air bnb - just input your dates and set your settings to what you want and where you want to go and there are a variety of suggestions for the area.

As for assateague - I recommend going in the off season - summer is packed with tourists and pony penning day in July.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics