Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Sports bra and bathing suit for developed young teen

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 19 2024, 6:22 pm
My daughter is more developed than most of her 12 year old classmates.. She’s a 32c which is not big at all but many of her friends are tiny and haven’t started developing. She is going to sleep away camp for the first time with these friends and is worried about how she will look in pajamas. I told her that I’ll get her sports bras to wear to sleep. She asked if I can make sure the straps are not close to her neck because she doesn’t want girls to see the straps when she wears a tee shirt to sleep. Any suggestions for a good sports bra that will be comfortable with straps that won’t be seen? Same issue with bathing suits. Her friends can all wear kids old navy bathing suits. She is flipping because everything I’ve gotten for her from Land’s End has support which makes her look bigger. I explained that if she wears a plain bathing suit her friend will see everything. Does anyone have links for sports bras or bathing suits that work for girls this age?
Thank you!

amother
Cherry

Post Sun, May 19 2024, 6:26 pm
What size does she wear? Is she wearing ladie's sizes? I got the speedo kid's one for mine and it makes her look smaller. Get her a short sleeve rash guard to wear over it to cover up more. Most kids in my daughter's class look pretty big at 12. I think at least half her bunk will be that size.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 19 2024, 6:57 pm
amother Cherry wrote:
What size does she wear? Is she wearing ladie's sizes? I got the speedo kid's one for mine and it makes her look smaller. Get her a short sleeve rash guard to wear over it to cover up more. Most kids in my daughter's class look pretty big at 12. I think at least half her bunk will be that size.

She wear a size 4 women’s. She’s tall 5’4, maybe even 5’5 by now. It’s possible that the girls in her bunk will be built like her but she doesn’t know them yet and this is causing her a lot of anxiety. Any suggestions for sports bras I can order online?

DrMom

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 12:00 am
Sports bras are typically very tight-fitting. Are you sure that's something she wants to sleep in?

Maybe a soft cotton pull-on bralette with no hardware will be more comfortable.

Google "sleep bra" or "cotton bralette" to find examples.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 5:26 am
DrMom wrote:
Sports bras are typically very tight-fitting. Are you sure that's something she wants to sleep in?

Maybe a soft cotton pull-on bralette with no hardware will be more comfortable.

Google "sleep bra" or "cotton bralette" to find examples.

Is that what girls generally wear when in camp?

myname1

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 5:48 am
When you say support I think you're talking about padding. What about the bathing suits with a shelf-bra build in? Like an extra lining with elastic under the bust? I'm pretty sure that's what I had at that stage and that looks and feels a lot more normal imo.

DrMom

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 6:08 am
amother OP wrote:
Is that what girls generally wear when in camp?

I have no idea, but it sounds like a practical solution.

Nobody else will know what she is wearing under her pajamas, and she won't see under other girls' pajamas, so I don't see how it matters what others are wearing. Wink

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 7:56 am
myname1 wrote:
When you say support I think you're talking about padding. What about the bathing suits with a shelf-bra build in? Like an extra lining with elastic under the bust? I'm pretty sure that's what I had at that stage and that looks and feels a lot more normal imo.

Exactly! Does anyone have links of what they ordered and worked for their own girls?

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 7:58 am
DrMom wrote:
I have no idea, but it sounds like a practical solution.

Nobody else will know what she is wearing under her pajamas, and she won't see under other girls' pajamas, so I don't see how it matters what others are wearing. Wink

Nobody knows but somehow they all figure it out. Kids this age can be (I think mostly unintentionally) cruel. Just trying to make sure she is set for success. (Because even with that kids this age…)

amother
Melon

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 8:23 am
amother OP wrote:
My daughter is more developed than most of her 12 year old classmates.. She’s a 32c which is not big at all but many of her friends are tiny and haven’t started developing. She is going to sleep away camp for the first time with these friends and is worried about how she will look in pajamas. I told her that I’ll get her sports bras to wear to sleep. She asked if I can make sure the straps are not close to her neck because she doesn’t want girls to see the straps when she wears a tee shirt to sleep. Any suggestions for a good sports bra that will be comfortable with straps that won’t be seen? Same issue with bathing suits. Her friends can all wear kids old navy bathing suits. She is flipping because everything I’ve gotten for her from Land’s End has support which makes her look bigger. I explained that if she wears a plain bathing suit her friend will see everything. Does anyone have links for sports bras or bathing suits that work for girls this age?
Thank you!

Freestyle One-Piece https://a.co/d/bC18ZMT

amother
Cappuccino

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 10:33 am
I was once picking up my oldest daughter who was in 7th grade, and my youngest daughter asked, 'Are all these girls in the same class? 'Cuz some look like kids and some are ladies!' It's the age! Your daughter will definitely not be the only one!
This youngest daughter is now that age and just asked me to buy her soft sleep bras 'so I don't jiggle when I run around in my pajamas in camp.'
I ordered https://www.walmart.com/ip/Won.....05265
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Fru.....23418
My older daughter uses these https://www.walmart.com/ip/3-p.....earch
and sometimes plain tanks to just hold her in https://www.walmart.com/ip/3-P.....earch under her pajamas at camp

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 10:40 am
My 11 year old is not going to camp but I'm having a hard time getting a regular bra that's comfortable and supportive for her. Any links?
She's very self conscious of her body, even to me, so I can't get a good fitting. She still doesn't a closure type or thin straps.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics