Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Eating patterns on medicine advice needed

amother
OP  

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 5:02 pm
I take a stimulant for ADHD and for the first ,6 hours after I have zero appetite. I can literally forget to eat. The problem is when it wears off in the early evening I'm ravenous and end up binging.
I tried forcing myself to eat bigger meals through the day but it didn't make any difference. The urges come really strong at 4/5 pm regardless of what I ate earlier.
Anyone have any advice?
I am obese, technically the appetite suppression could be good for me, but every evening I ruin it.
I cannot change medications, I need to work with this right now.

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 3:04 pm
Anyone?

amother
Phlox

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 3:08 pm
I don’t have personal experience with this specifically, but it seems likely that preparing a large amount of healthy and nutritious food in advance would greatly help you.
I would focus on allowing yourself to eat to satiety as long as it’s very healthy food so you shouldn’t have the urge to snack or binge on junk food.

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 3:15 pm
Im presuming you cant take it before you go to bed?
Or is that a stupid question.

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 6:11 pm
You cannot take a stimulant before bed, it only works for x amount of hours which is needed to function during the day.
I'm not necessarily binging unhealthy food I'm just eating very large amounts because I have intense cravings and just not feeling full.

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 8:04 pm
Which stimulant?
I had that with Vyvanse but after a few weeks the loss of appetite wore off and I was back to square one (binging all day)

amother
  OP

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 8:44 pm
amother Ginger wrote:
Which stimulant?
I had that with Vyvanse but after a few weeks the loss of appetite wore off and I was back to square one (binging all day)

I don't binge or crave during the day, it's this weird thing that hits me in the afternoon, only because my appetite comes raging back.

I thought Vy is for preventing bingeing -yikes. I'm on Addy and thought about switching because of the evening binges.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise