Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Linen - embarrassed for cleaning help to change dh bed

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 9:13 pm
Dh always has yellow stains on his mattress pad. I’m too embarrassed to have my cleaning help change the linen but it makes me really annoyed that I need to change it myself. Any suggestions?
Please don’t say put husband in charge cuz we all know that means the linen will never get changed

amother
Chicory

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 9:14 pm
What did I just read

amother
Eggshell

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 9:15 pm
Don’t be embarrassed stains can be from anything. Some people have stains from sweat or kids having accidents in their bed.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 9:18 pm
Replace mattress pad once a year?

amother
Denim

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 9:20 pm
I really wish I hadnt read what I just read but
Get a colored mattress cover

Raizle

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 9:21 pm
Get a mattress protector. Those kinds to protect against dust mites. Everyone should be using mattress protectors. It's not just for bed wetters. We have all kinds of bodily gunk. Sweat, dead skin cells, etc. women on their periods have sometimes been known to leak. It happens. Mattresses cost too much to not protect and there are tiny microscopic creepy crawlies feeding off your skin cells. Get protectors!!!

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 9:23 pm
amother Denim wrote:
I really wish I hadnt read what I just read but
Get a colored mattress cover

How is your first sentence helpful?

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 12:28 am
Thanks for the colored protector idea. Not sure why I never thought of it. And I’m sorry to whoever got grossed out. I had no one else to ask!

salt

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 2:10 am
Take off the linen and put it in the hamper yourself, but leave the cleaning lady to do the wash and re-make the beds.
she probably won't notice the stains if it's all bundled up in the hamper already.

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 2:13 am
I take linen off first thing in am and put in machine.
I leave fresh sheets on bed in pile for lady to re make bed.
if you don't want to strip beds either do it WITH dh in morn as he's getting ready for shul or work. only takes a min.

amother
Vanilla

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 2:17 am
I don't know why people are that level of grossed out but when I used to sleep with a heated blanket I'd sweat enough that I discovered yellowish stains on the mattress protector. It happens. We're humans who sweat.

naomi2

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 6:45 am
Buy a new one, they are $20. Not worth the stresss

chocolateloverr

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 4:08 pm
Check youtube there are ways to remove yellow stains from mattresses. I’ve done it a year ago and had success.

amother
Tanzanite

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 4:21 pm
I have light brown stains on my mattress protectors. I'm also embarrassed for my cleaning help to change the linen in my room. Ironically, these stains are from my toddlers that come into my bed and they are drinking chocolate milk bottles and it leaks all over the place.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry