Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Supportive wedding shoes

Bsimcha7

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 7:48 pm
I'm trying to help my friend, she's marrying off imh and looking for supportive wedding shoes, any suggestions?

DrMom

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 8:52 pm
How supportive do they need to be?

Is she looking for a heeled shoe like those from Naturalizer or BeutiFeel that is relatively comfortable compared to most high heels?

Or is she looking for flats that she can get away with wearing even with more formal clothing?

Bsimcha7

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 9:03 pm
Shed prefer something with a small heel. I forgot to mention shes a size 5.5 which is a hard size in general,

DrMom

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 9:46 pm
That doesn't sound too difficult.

If I were in her shoes (see what I did here? Cool ), I'd go to a place like Nordstrom and start trying on things. The salespersons there are usually helpful and patient they have a large selection or styles and sizes.

I'm a big advocate of trying on shoes in person, especially if you are looking for comfort in a shoe that is typically designed for looks instead.

familyfirst

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 9:56 pm
Encourage her to get a pair of sneakers for dancing
Wear the formal shoes for pictures through chuppah

amother
Phlox

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 10:22 pm
My daughter wore white Converse for her wedding. I think she had some pretty shoes just for a few pictures, but honestly, you didn’t see it with her dress anyway. I know you said it’s for a mother of the bride, I think or mother of the groom. But I wore pretty shoes for the first part and then for dancing changed into tennis shoes was so happy that I did. I would’ve had a miserable night otherwise.

DrMom

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 12:35 am
Wait -- she's looking for shoes for herself or for the kallah?

Bsimcha7

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 2:49 am
She needs shoes for herself, as suggested she's only needs them for the beginning of the wedding for dancing she's covered.

Bsimcha7

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 4:59 pm
Bump

amother
Obsidian

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 5:16 pm
I got a pair of Aro's from Shoe Palace.. they had a small block heel and looked nicer then they're typical shoe.. designed I think specifically for under a gown. I needed it as a bride because my gown was straight and shoes would show and wasn't interested in switching shoes. I think they came in other colors also (besides for white). They were super comfortable.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics