Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Would you take your toddler
1  2  3  Next

Would you take your toddler?
Yes, to any simcha  
 45%  [ 67 ]
Only to wedding vs other simchas  
 2%  [ 4 ]
Only to bar mitzva vs wedding  
 0%  [ 1 ]
No, I wouldn’t take them to any simchas  
 41%  [ 61 ]
Still an only child yes  
 2%  [ 4 ]
Others  
 6%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 146

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 1:20 pm
To a simcha your sibling is making?

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 1:25 pm
I don’t take between 6 months and 3. It’s such a hard age, all they want to do is run around and you’re busy running after them. I sent my 2 year old to an overnight babysitter by my siblings wedding and yes he was not in the pictures but I don’t regret it at all.

SuperWify

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 1:26 pm
Depends for what. Wedding- pictures only, if at all, let the poor kids sleep.

Any day event like a bris or Kiddush absolutely.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 1:28 pm
SuperWify wrote:
Depends for what. Wedding- pictures only, if at all, let the poor kids sleep.

Any day event like a bris or Kiddush absolutely.

I’m referring to if the kid is not on a regular schedule yet for various reasons, and is up

amother
Eggshell

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 1:30 pm
I wouldnt to a small even like a sheva brachos in a house that only adults were invited to.

For all other events there are lids around. Question is do I want to deal w the kid. If I can find a babysitter the answer is "no". If I cant find, I bring and deal.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 1:31 pm
If you voted no, what is the reason?

mizle10

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 1:32 pm
I voted yes because I don’t think there’s a problem bringing them but I would try to find a babysitter so I can enjoy myself properly.

amother
Navyblue

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 1:34 pm
Yes unless explicitly told not to

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 1:40 pm
For a sibling yes

amother
Ballota

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 1:52 pm
It depends. Bar mitzva or other shabbos simcha, I would usually want to take all my children. During the week, I might bring them for some of it, especially the pictures, and then have a babysitter the rest of the time at home. Or when they're really small, like my sister got married when I was 4 weeks postpartum, then I had a babysitter at the hall. There were side rooms that the babysitter could stay in.

amother
Zinnia

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 1:55 pm
My 1 year old is an only child and I voted no, my brother's getting married in a few weeks and he won't be attending any of it.
IMO, I deserve to enjoy my sibling's simcha and I won't be able to do it if I have him with me. But I made that decision myself, not like anyone forbade me from bringing him to any Sheva Brachos or to the wedding.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 2:06 pm
I prefer going with him than without. We usually have so much fun together! It is also a good company when my DH is with the rest of the men (but he also prefer to have our toddler with him, so we "fight" for it or we are all outside most of the time.. LOL).

amother
Leaf

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 2:13 pm
Only to the chupa, and reception. We have it separately here in England (for the most part, and it's before their bedtime) then we put toddlers to bed and get a babysitter for the dinner.

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 2:21 pm
mizle10 wrote:
I voted yes because I don’t think there’s a problem bringing them but I would try to find a babysitter so I can enjoy myself properly.

This is not nice!

You want to enjoy yourself so you leave your baby behind. How about the Baal simcha who spent so much money wanting her simcha to be functional?

Imagine everyone bringing their babies and kids to every simcha? Chaotic!

I was just at an engagement this week and there were about 10 babies there. The hall was overtaken by strollers and harried mothers trying to calm their babies/put them to sleep.

For your baby's sake, the bal simcha and yourself, leave your baby home!

I would put a kiddush or oifruf in a different category because you can literally just pop in and out.

amother
Dustypink

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 2:36 pm
amother OP wrote:
If you voted no, what is the reason?

I don't take little kids to simchas because I'd like to be able to sit enjoy the simcha, instead of running after a toddler the entire night. That's just too stressful for me. They're better off being home in their bed & environment.
I also don't want may child to disrupt someone else's simcha.

HonesttoGod

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 2:42 pm
Depends on the kid.
Depends on how far the simcha is.
Depends on timing. And my mood too. Oh and babysitter availablility.

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 3:07 pm
Isn't this just the flip side of the other thread asking if you would be upset if a sibling brought their toddler to your son's bar mitzvah?

amother
Dustypink

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 3:08 pm
amother Taupe wrote:
Isn't this just the flip side of the other thread asking if you would be upset if a sibling brought their toddler to your son's bar mitzvah?

I think it's the same OP. She wanded to do a poll.

lamplighter

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 3:10 pm
Not if I can help it.

mizle10

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 3:13 pm
amother Cerise wrote:
This is not nice!

You want to enjoy yourself so you leave your baby behind. How about the Baal simcha who spent so much money wanting her simcha to be functional?

Imagine everyone bringing their babies and kids to every simcha? Chaotic!

I was just at an engagement this week and there were about 10 babies there. The hall was overtaken by strollers and harried mothers trying to calm their babies/put them to sleep.

For your baby's sake, the bal simcha and yourself, leave your baby home!

I would put a kiddush or oifruf in a different category because you can literally just pop in and out.

Seriously??

If my sister is marrying off her daughter I don’t expect her to take care of my toddler and not dance! But if my toddler is being cranky I’ll leave the ballroom and take care of her Banging head
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics