Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Loshan horah without a name

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 5:06 pm
why is it allowed?

if one mustnt speak badly even if person doesnt believe it and even if no damage is done
the act of talking is a sin, why are you allowed to talk without a name? (no one will guess who
you are talking about)

amother
Stonewash

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 5:40 pm
That it is not actual loshan horah doesn't make it automatically allowed.
For an example, I could tell you that one of our neighbors is fat and ugly. You don't know who I am or where I live, or who that neigbor is. So it is not loshan horah.
It is however a piece of useless, unproductive and bad information that best should be left unsaid.
Who said it was allowed?

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 6:00 pm
amother Stonewash wrote:
That it is not actual loshan horah doesn't make it automatically allowed.
For an example, I could tell you that one of our neighbors is fat and ugly. You don't know who I am or where I live, or who that neigbor is. So it is not loshan horah.
It is however a piece of useless, unproductive and bad information that best should be left unsaid.
Who said it was allowed?

venting on here about parents, husbands etc. no one has an idea of who you are talking about. is it a sin?

amother
Topaz

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 7:32 pm
amother OP wrote:
venting on here about parents, husbands etc. no one has an idea of who you are talking about. is it a sin?

I personally think you can't always be sure that noone can figure you out.

amother
Hyacinth

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 11:32 pm
If you defecate on your neighbor's lawn, that's weird and gross and someone is harmed (your neighbor).

If you live next to the forest, and you have indoor plumbing, but choose instead to go into the forest to defecate, well that's still weird, but no one is harmed by it, so even though ideally you shouldn't do it, it's not at all the same as the above.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational