Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
If your kids wet the bed, do you add things to the load?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 1:27 am
Say your kids wets his bed and you need to wash the sheet, do you wash it alone or would you add other linens to the load to fill it up?

amother
Camellia

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 1:28 am
I would add.

amother
Yarrow

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 1:37 am
No way

amother
Lemon

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 1:53 am
I put the dirty stuff on a 15 minute cycle to get out the urine, then add the rest and do a full cycle

amother
Calendula

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 2:02 am
No it's gross. Such a tough stage!

Iymnok

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 2:13 am
I add. I don't have patience to wait and it gets washed out, not transfered to other things. Add vinegar if you are concerned about any remaining odor

amother
DarkPurple

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 2:29 am
I don’t. I add vinegar and baking soda to that load.
But I don’t mind throwing the linen into a garbage bag until it’s convenient to wash. I don’t let it hold me up too much.

a2z

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 3:11 am
amother Lemon wrote:
I put the dirty stuff on a 15 minute cycle to get out the urine, then add the rest and do a full cycle

Me too

amother
DarkViolet

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 6:13 am
Yes I add. I always make sure the washer is not overly full. But I've said this before on other threads about mixing loads in rhe washer. You put laundry in, and it comes out clean. If you don't think everything comes out of the washing machine clean, then there's a problem with how it's being washed.

If everything gets clean in the end, what's the issue with including "dirty" items in a regular load?

amother
Amaryllis

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 7:07 am
If they wet the bed Don't you wash the blanket, pj's & mattress cover too? That's a full load.

Chayalle

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 7:09 am
If your child has an accident in the training stage, do you wash those clothes separately from the rest of the family clothes?

amother
Anemone

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 9:49 am
Chayalle wrote:
If your child has an accident in the training stage, do you wash those clothes separately from the rest of the family clothes?

I do.
I would wash the linen on its own, too.

amother
DarkViolet

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 9:51 am
amother Amaryllis wrote:
If they wet the bed Don't you wash the blanket, pj's & mattress cover too? That's a full load.

It's not a full load for me. So I usually put some other stuff in with it.

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 9:52 am
Thanks for all the replies. We rarely have bedwetting accidents here, but my son had one last night and I found myself wondering what to do. I ended up washing his linens and pajamas alone.

I wonder if the Israelis were more inclined to say you can add clothes and the Americans to say not to since the European machines used in Israel empty out and refill several times thoughout the cycle while the American cycles are much shorter.

amother
NeonOrange

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 9:54 am
I try to do it on it's own. But it's not set in stone and I'll add if something needs washing.

amother
DarkPurple

Chayalle wrote:

Yes!

amother
DarkMagenta

I add and use laundry beads for odor

Ema of 5

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 10:11 am
Chayalle wrote:

Yes
When I wash wet linen, it’s sheet, blanket, pajamas, mattress cover. I might add in a pair of my leggings or something like that, but I won’t add other sheets or other people’s clothing.

amother
Foxglove

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 10:15 am
There is less bacteria in urine than in tap water. With detergent and maybe some vinegar there is no reason to wash it alone. It has never come out smelly. But I have an old fashioned top lloader which uses plenty of water. maybe front loaders are different.

Fun fact, in the olden days, they used to use urine as their detergent.

AlwaysGrateful

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 10:49 am
Detergent washes clothes. That's literally its job.

If you washed the urine out of a sheet, would you sleep on that sheet after it comes out of the dryer? Then there's no reason not to put other sheets into the load too, and sleep on them.

I find that we do so many illogical things that use up time and energy, without thinking if they make sense. Just because we feel icky about them.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry