Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
My baby has some Feeding difficulties- Pyloric stenosis?

OlamChessed

Post Sat, May 25 2024, 10:09 pm
MY baby has always presented feeding difficulties since she was born. She was extremely slow to gain weight.
She had to tongue tie releases- anterior and posterior and a lip tie release. It helped a bit but still she is slow to gain weight.
As a newborn her feeds, need a lot of pumping and most times wouldn’t purp, would take a hour and a half she threw up her whole entire feeds with projectile vomitting, the pediatrician put her on Pepsid. She just went off of pepsid as per the GI we saw. The gi we saw was confused and unsure what the baby was experiening since we also go to a feeding therapist and felt it was more the therapists realm to deal with, but the more that I think about it the more I feel like my now 5 month old has this.
Also she will usually throw up a lot when she consumes to much formula.
At this point when she wakes up during the day she has a feed when she wakes up and when she goes to sleep, but usually 1.-
5-2oz each max.
I’ve tried to stretch her feedings out multiple times but it hasn’t worked and she usually still sucks for 1.5-2 oz at a time with a break of an hr and a half in between.
Trying to find if other had experience with pyloric stenosis and can help me navigate if this is what she has.
I am also considering going for a second with a GI.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics