Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
The big chop haircut after covering a while…did you?

amother
OP

Post Sat, May 25 2024, 11:40 pm
I got married a year ago. My hair was long but quite damaged and my ends were very thin. I used to dye my hair more a few years ago. I can trim my own hair well and especially since I cover now and let my natural roots come in more my natural hair was blah. I cut off my ends but it was still thin so I ended up cutting like a good 5 inches up to my shoulder. My hair had never been this short. It feels so much healthier. I like my hair longer better and I can fit it in my wigs but it was just so damaged and ick. I kind of regret it now. I just did it tonight after waiting till lag baomer. But it makes it easier to wear baseball caps and shove the pony in.

I am curious if you ended cutting your hair shorter than you anticipated after beginning to cover.

My husband told me a while ago he thinks shorter hair would be cute on me too and he said a few times he would be curious to see it on me. I just am worried he will hate it. I just did it. I feel like I lost a part of myself. But I also know that from not coloring my hair and not ironing it my hair is much healthier and all the new growth will be the same. The ends of my hair had been through damage.

I can’t decide if I love or hate it. I do think it grows faster since I cover it and stopped ironing and dyeing it.

amother
Navy

Post Sat, May 25 2024, 11:43 pm
I got a shag boy cut a year ago after 15 years of marriage. It looks great and im never going back.

amother
Acacia

Post Sat, May 25 2024, 11:46 pm
I have a small face and thickish hair so have bob cut. Happy. Contemplate a boy cut every once in a while but would be annoying to grow out should I choose to for any reason.

amother
Chambray

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 12:09 am
I used to have super long hair and have cut of shoulder length twice so far. Both times I loved it! Right now it’s starting to grow in and I prob won’t cut until it starts getting very long again.

amother
Almond

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 12:19 am
I'm in the opposite boat - would love to chop my hair even boy-short, but DH likes it long so I keep it for him.

Good news: It will grow! and DH can enjoy in the meantime

amother
Mintgreen

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 12:41 am
Im married almost a year.
First haircut it was cut too short and I really did not like it. DH actually prefers it a little shorter, because it sometimes gets in the way. But my first haircut was too short I didn't even feel pretty :/
I cut It Chanuka time and it still didn't grow in as much as I would like 😬

amother
Beige

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 2:43 am
I did a massive chop about 2 years after I started covering and I LOVED it. My hair is super thick and wavy, so not having this extra weight of my hair was such a relief.
Then about 3 years ago I got an undercut and it’s amazing. My hair is still pretty thick, and when I want to wear it down you can’t even see the shaved part. I still keep it short, a bit longer than chin length, so it’s cute and comfy. No regrets.

amother
Junglegreen

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 3:12 am
My hair was half way down my back when I got married. I had a few big chops over the years. It often slipped out from under a shaitel. Now I shave it in the back from the height of my ears and down. The top I have pulled back in a clip.

So much easier to cover.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics