Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Almost EVERY shirt I own is stained!!!
1  2  Next

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 2:48 pm
Now I'm not a pig, and I very rarely ever spill or drip on my clothes. So how is it that almost every one of my shirts (long sleeve t-shirts) that I wear on a daily basis are stained???? I'm not talking one or two, I'm talking about 20!! Every shirt when it comes out of the dryer is stained. Is it my detergent? I use Tide. Is it invisible drippings? How do I fight back against something I don't know is there? Can my shirts be salvaged? Plus, they're big stains, wouldn't I notice them get there? They just look like they're a little darker than the shirt, as though I got wet, but it's def. noticeable!

HELP! What do I do? I just ordered some new shirts from Old Navy and I want to keep them stain free. What do I do? TIA

pinkbubbles

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 3:19 pm
What material are they made of usually?
Do you use a stain remover like Shout or something?

They could also be oil stains.

Are they around the same place(s) on your shirts?

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 3:40 pm
They're usually 100% cotton, or a couple are a blend with a little lycra.

I use oxyclean but when I take them off there are no stains, just when I take them out of the dryer. Where should I spray if I don't see anything?

As for oil, I don't know how there can be huge oil stains on my shirt. We rarely use oil and def. not to fry or anything that would splatter.

Chocoholic

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 4:05 pm
Are the stains reddish (from your laundry machine or dryer). Maybe the stains are from detergent. How are the clothes of your other family members?

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 4:21 pm
Interesting...I'm the only one with stains, but dh doesn't wear t-shirts and ds' have designs or stripes so maybe they cover them?

The stains are clear, it looks like the shirt got wet...but isn't.

Could it be the detergent? Does anyone else have a prob. with tide?

BennysMommy

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 4:52 pm
My MIL was having the same problem. She thought for a long time that it was her dryer. It ended up being the combination of the brands of laundry detergent and fabric softener. I don't know how that makes sense but that's what the washing machine tech told her.

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 5:08 pm
I use those little dryer sheets, should I change brands? Or go to liquid? A big expense?

supermama2

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 5:26 pm
I would go to an unscented dryer sheet for starters..

Chocoholic

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 5:45 pm
I have one watermelon top with those unexplainable stains. It is not a fatty stain (a big one in the front), neither do I know what it is.. Once in a while I try everything to get it clean, but it never comes out. I love the top too much to depart from it.

octopus

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 5:50 pm
I also find that I get stains on my shirt from the dryer. So I stopped putting them in the dryer, and only hand dry. Now I have no more stains.

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 6:04 pm
Ok, I just got my shipment of 7 new old navy shirts - they will all be left to dry naturally, hopefully this will work!

ShakleeMom

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 6:18 pm
it's the perfume in the dryer sheets, or the motor oil.

dora

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 6:20 pm
Wow, you have 20 shirts? If you pour liquid detergent straight on the clothes that would cause a stain, pour into the water instead and let dilute. Also use a stain stick on any visible stain before putting into wash, and lastly, NEVER dry your stuff in the dryer. I hang all of my clothes and they look as good as when they were new.

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 7:17 pm
ShakleeMom wrote:
it's the perfume in the dryer sheets, or the motor oil.
motor oil?

As for never using the dryer, I have to for everything, but I'm not going to with my new shirts, so we'll see what happens.

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 7:19 pm
I have 20 shirts, because they keep getting stained. They are now ALL currently stained. I just wear stained shirts...Sad

flowerpower

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 7:25 pm
Do what I do, get some nice black t-shirts and your worries will go away.

Lady Godiva

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 7:29 pm
It sounds like oil stains. If you cook dressed, something I'm guilty of doing, watch your clothing.
Dryers don't make stains they just conveniently permanently set them into your clothing so you'll never be able to get the stain out. Rolling Eyes
I love Shout. Before I wash my clothes I spray any stains with Shout and then wash and hang them to dry.

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 7:37 pm
flowerpower wrote:
Do what I do, get some nice black t-shirts and your worries will go away.

Nope the stains are on the black ones as well. It looks again, like it's wet in certain places.

Quote:
It sounds like oil stains. If you cook dressed, something I'm guilty of doing, watch your clothing.
Dryers don't make stains they just conveniently permanently set them into your clothing so you'll never be able to get the stain out.
I love Shout. Before I wash my clothes I spray any stains with Shout and then wash and hang them to dry.

This is what I thought - re. the dryers, but re. the shout, if I can't see the stains before they are washed, how can I spray them?

flowerpower

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 7:40 pm
Don't dry them and wear an apron when cooking.

yo'ma

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 7:41 pm
I also had a whole bunch like that and I threw them out. I don't care because it gives me more of an incentive to lose weight. Those were my "fat" clothes Confused LOL . Now, I have nothing to wear, though Rolling Eyes .
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry