Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Kosher hotel Europe sightseeing

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 4:46 am
Is there such a thing as a nice kosher hotel situated near sightseeing in Europe?

All the ads I see are for more vacation resort style setups in the mountains. I want to be situated in a place where we can take daily tours to sightseeing or jewish historical places. I don't want to have to figure out minyanim and food.

I would really appreciate any help I can get.

Frumwithallergies

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 5:16 am
Europe is huge. Do you have a particular country in mind?

amother
Electricblue

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 5:54 am
I've stayed at the king david hotel in Prague. It was perfectly located and had kosher meals and shul. But Prague is a pretty small city, not much to do there for more than 2-3 days.

DrMom

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 6:00 am
There are kosher restaurants and shuls in Venice, Rome, Paris, Budapest, to name a few cities.

I'm not sure about kosher hotels, but you can stay anywhere and get your own food and groceries.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 6:05 am
Thanks for your replies. I'm specifically looking for a place to settle myself and then travel from there. Meaning I don't want to hop around looking for minyanim and restaurants. I would decide which areas to explore based on where I find a good setup.

The Prague hotel sounds like exactly what I'm looking for but like the poster said it is small and I want at least a weeks worth of exploring. I'm ok with traveling 1 to 2 hours away for day trips.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 8:45 am
There’s one in Italy like that
Also arosa and Zurich have kosher hotels
You get breakfast and dinner and can pack up food to take along for lunch

amother
Brown

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 9:07 am
There is one in Paris hotel Aida opera. There is kosher breakfast and shabbos hot plates and accommodations and a lot of kosher du pod and restaurants around the hotel. It’s a small hotel.

tichellady

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 9:19 am
I don’t know of this in any big European city but you can stay in Rome or Paris in an area with shuls, restaurants and stores

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 10:14 am
amother Oxfordblue wrote:
There’s one in Italy like that
Also arosa and Zurich have kosher hotels
You get breakfast and dinner and can pack up food to take along for lunch

Most of these advertised are resort type scenic areas. I am looking for one specifically in an area near touring, not nature.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 10:14 am
amother Brown wrote:
There is one in Paris hotel Aida opera. There is kosher breakfast and shabbos hot plates and accommodations and a lot of kosher du pod and restaurants around the hotel. It’s a small hotel.

Thanks. Will check it out.

amother
Brown

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 10:15 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks. Will check it out.

It’s close to main tourist places

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 10:21 am
amother Brown wrote:
It’s close to main tourist places

There is no mention of kosher anywhere on their website

amother
Brown

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 10:24 am
amother OP wrote:
There is no mention of kosher anywhere on their website

I was there. We went with bunch of people to get food for Shabbos it was few minutes away. And there are few Shula around and I remember one that you have to sign in advance to attend shobbos meals. We went out on Shabbos day and went in one of the Shula for the meager shalosh sudos since we didn’t sign up and paid for the other meals.it was about 6 years ago

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 10:31 am
amother Brown wrote:
I was there. We went with bunch of people to get food for Shabbos it was few minutes away. And there are few Shula around and I remember one that you have to sign in advance to attend shobbos meals. We went out on Shabbos day and went in one of the Shula for the meager shalosh sudos since we didn’t sign up and paid for the other meals.it was about 6 years ago

So it's not a kosher hotel? It's just near kosher? Just trying to understand the setup.

I'm trying to find a setup of all in one. (If such a thing exists)

amother
Brown

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 10:32 am
amother OP wrote:
So it's not a kosher hotel? It's just near kosher? Just trying to understand the setup.

I'm trying to find a setup of all in one. (If such a thing exists)

It’s kosher owned by a frum Jew. Israeli type kosher breakfast good but simple. And kosher food around. On Shabbos they have hot plates available and a place to light candles etc

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 10:33 am
amother Brown wrote:
It’s kosher owned by a frum Jew. Israeli type kosher breakfast good but simple. And kosher food around. On Shabbos they have hot plates available and a place to light candles etc

Oh ok. Thanks for explaining!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics