Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Are you more neat or clean?

are you neat or clean?
neat?  
 27%  [ 8 ]
clean?  
 31%  [ 9 ]
in between?  
 41%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 29

Beauty and the Beast

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 5:04 pm
which one do u find yourself being? I tend to be in between. THings are halfway neat at times, and halfway clean. but I do know that there are times I am clean, everything smells good and is sparkling, but the house is still messy... go figure!
so which one do you find yourself being?

flowerpower

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 7:10 pm
Defenitaly neat. The house can be spotless but I am the only one who feels which parts of the house can use a washing.

yo'ma

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 7:21 pm
I'm not really either, just organised. I Hate cleaning, with a capital h. I clean up after myself, but I don't make myself crazy, especially with other pple's messes Exploding anger .

Lady Godiva

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 7:25 pm
I think clean. I can't stand dirty houses but I can sort of live with a little mess...but not for too long or I get very irritable. Twisted Evil

anonymom

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 10:21 pm
My motto in life is: Things can always be better and things can always be worse. This applies to neatness and cleanliness.

Beauty and the Beast

Post Thu, Aug 28 2008, 12:17 am
anonymom wrote:
My motto in life is: Things can always be better and things can always be worse. This applies to neatness and cleanliness.

good motto!
my house is currently in distress, which is why I chose to ask this question today. One of my rooms are being made over, and my son is home from playgroup, wrecking everything in sight... so I am trying to breathe, relax, and wait till he goes back to school to even start thinking of organizing all the toys...

pinkbubbles

Post Thu, Aug 28 2008, 4:53 am
I need a 'both!' option

amother

Post Thu, Aug 28 2008, 5:03 am
embarrassed How about neither?

Though cleanliness is more important to me than neatness - in the end it goes together I think. Its very hard to clean a messy home.

Lilkingdom

Post Thu, Aug 28 2008, 8:35 am
Pretty much both. Cleanliness definitely first though. For those who know me know that I can't sit down to relax until my house is fully cleaned up. Sometimes after cleaning I'd get tired or lazy and not finish organizing everything although in general I'm very neat.

Rivky

Post Thu, Aug 28 2008, 10:32 am
I'm going with both. I can't sit down if its either dirty or messy. I'll sometimes clean something and sit down to rest and think to myself that the mess of whatever will wait till tomorrow. But 5 min later I'm up again and organizing. Gota put a stop to it-ne ideas???

chavy

Post Thu, Aug 28 2008, 10:39 am
I'll say both for myself.. (if I may say so)
they go together I think..

Fabulous

Post Thu, Aug 28 2008, 10:42 am
Naturally I am a bit messy, but dh really appreciates a clean home. I try to keep it at least neat and clean as often as I can, but I'm not perfect. Sometimes I get in a mood and clean everything, but I don't even feel so great about it because I know that two days later the floor is dirty again and needs to be washed again.

Tech_mom

Post Thu, Aug 28 2008, 11:43 am
Good Question!
In our house, I am the clean one, but my husband is the neat one.
What do I mean?
He is always straightening up. Making things look orderly. No toys on the floor - but they might all get dumped into one bin.
I clean- floors, bathroom, laundry, dishes etc. I empty the bins and sort. I take apart his neat piles and sort.

I couldn't do it without him because he makes it look like the place is neat, then I start cleaning!

Fabulous

Post Thu, Aug 28 2008, 11:51 am
Tech_mom wrote:
Good Question!
What do I mean?
He is always straightening up. Making things look orderly. No toys on the floor - but they might all get dumped into one bin.
I clean- floors, bathroom, laundry, dishes etc. I empty the bins and sort. I take apart his neat piles and sort.

I couldn't do it without him because he makes it look like the place is neat, then I start cleaning!

That sounds like a match made in heavan. Awww!!

Fabulous

Post Thu, Aug 28 2008, 11:52 am
That was not meant to be sarcastic, I mean it is so nice that you have that.

Beauty and the Beast

Post Thu, Aug 28 2008, 12:43 pm
Tech_mom wrote:
Good Question!
What do I mean?

that sounds amazing! I do not have the strength sometimes to do it all, dh comes home tired too, so the toys end up being one big unorganized mess... try keeping a million matchbox cars and blocks and whatnot organized... oh, and they have to constantly be cleaned, ds is always bringing toys with him everywhere, so it picks up dirt from everywhere...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry