Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Share your pheww moment!
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 10:18 pm
Share your story that could have ended bad/embarrassing, but didn't.

I'll start - my Mil was dressing my toddler into PJs, and my husband prepared the clothes, instead of a onesie, he by mistake grabbed one of my white undies as I was in the 7 clean days. Thankfully I noticed a split second before she did and I was able to swap them.

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 10:56 pm
Chassidish - Shmoozed with a neighbor by the bus in the morning. Came home looked in the mirror my hair was sticking out of my tichel. Twas really embarrassing 😳 (by us everyone shaves)

mother’s spot

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 5:47 pm

Last edited by mother’s spot on Thu, May 30 2024, 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Maple

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 10:25 pm
This wasn't a phew... this was far worse!
I drive home from the mikva and left my shopping bag with bra, underwear and supplies in the car as I don't want my big kids to see it. I usually bring in the next morning. But the next morning, I brought my son to cheder and prepared his homework and snack in the same type of grocery bag. Which bag do you think he grabbed on his way out of the car? His rebbe called me up to say that it seems he brought the wrong bag...

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 10:27 pm
amother Maple wrote:
I drive home from the mikva and left my shopping bag with bra, underwear and supplies in the car as I don't want my big kids to see it. I usually bring in the next morning. But the next morning, I brought my son to cheder and prepared his homework and snack in the same type of grocery bag. Which bag do you think he grabbed on his way out of the car? His rebbe called me up to say that it seems he brought the wrong bag...
Surprised Surprised Surprised

siddur

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 10:32 pm
amother Maple wrote:

Oh boy… I hope that you can laugh it one day soon!!

amother
Maple

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 10:41 pm
I couldn't breathe from the humiliation.
Of course, DH had to reassure me that men know about such stuff

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 10:46 pm
amother Maple wrote:

OMG

amother
Nemesia

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 10:48 pm
amother Maple wrote:

🥵

amother
Oldlace

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 10:53 pm
amother Maple wrote:

TMI TMI TMI TMI how did you respond? embarrassed embarrassed embarrassed

amother
Maple

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 10:57 pm
I would have much preferred the rebbe just throw it out than call me.
I had nothing to say. My husband went to pick it up. I don't think I'll ever live it down.
It made me wonder about the halacha of hashaavas avaida if the returning of the item will humiliate the person so greatly. I imagine the rebbe didn't think or ask before he called.

anonymous mom

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 11:03 pm
amother Maple wrote:
I had nothing to say. My husband went to pick it up. I don't think I'll ever live it down.
It made me wonder about the halacha of hashaavas avaida if the returning of the item will humiliate the person so greatly. I imagine the rebbe didn't think or ask before he called.

I don't understand why he couldn't just send it home with your son and pretend he never saw it... I'm sorry this happened to you!

amother
Chicory

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 11:08 pm
anonymous mom wrote:
I don't understand why he couldn't just send it home with your son and pretend he never saw it... I'm sorry this happened to you!

This! Stick it in his briefcase and make believe you didn't see anything! Can't Believe It

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 11:09 pm
My toddler sent a bunch of different heart and kiss emojis messages to my male boss.

Phew! Bh I had gotten a new phone the day before and it was on the old phone. But it was panic for the first few seconds when I saw it.

amother
Wallflower

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 11:26 pm
Omg I'm loving this thread!!

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, May 30 2024, 12:30 am
amother Maple wrote:

I hear this, but also, what was the rebbe supposed to do if your kid didn't have anything to eat?

amother
Acacia

Post Thu, May 30 2024, 2:41 am
The Rebbe probably, very innocently looked into the bag and saw some clothes and didn’t think twice about. He very likely didn’t realize the details.

ray family

Post Thu, May 30 2024, 5:40 am
amother Maple wrote:

I would imagine he called because your son didn’t have what to eat. It’s happened to us before that a child left their food at home and the Ganenet called to ask if I could come bring him something so he wouldn’t spend the day without food

mfb

Post Thu, May 30 2024, 7:46 am
Maybe he didn’t look in and your kid just said they don’t have food cuz they brought the wrong bag? Is that a possibility??

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Thu, May 30 2024, 8:45 am
amother Acacia wrote:
The Rebbe probably, very innocently looked into the bag and saw some clothes and didn’t think twice about. He very likely didn’t realize the details.

Bra and panties?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics