Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Shirts for busty young DD
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 4:03 am
Sad and frustrated that I can't find shirts that look nice on my beautiful DD. I don't want to give her a complex about her figure but majority of shirts she tries on I have to tell her are just too tight and will have to keep looking - in our community you do not wear tight fitting clothes. But even objectively everything is tight enough that it doesn't look right. The material is stretching to get around her bust.

She's not an unhealthy size, she is just unlucky that her C cups are combined with petite height and slight build. So anything larger than size small looks ridiculous hanging off her shoulders, arms and sides, but the size smalls all stretch very awkwardly on top.

She needs nice lightweight shirts for summer.

1. Where do you shop
2. What kind of size or style should I be looking for
3. Please please please can you send links
4. Please please please Hashem let them be affordable because she's not fitting into anything from gemach, hand me downs, or lower end stores like kidichic or Junee warehouse and that's my range these days. Some things in non-Jewish brands might fit but are see through (forget the necks, most can be tailored - not all though)

TIA

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 4:55 am
Where do you live? I am under 5 feet and busty as well, and I have done well with striped wear&flair and Noe t-shirts from BSW in lakewood- specifically the ones that have a seam down the middle of the front. I think Meli has similar ones but they did not fit me well.
Also, any v-neck cardigan tops are great.
Riff brand has batwing style tops that are very roomy at the bust. They did not work for me, but definitely worth a try!

amother
Buttercup

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 6:08 am
First things first she isn’t unlucky. She is beautiful and feminine idk where you live or what your background is, but I do very well in more chasidish neighborhoods. My daughter wears tops that have a distracting print or motif and she feels great about herself and looks amazing

amother
DarkOrange

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 6:33 am
I am.a 34 DDD, and wear the Meli dolman tshirts often-
https://fameoncentral.com/prod.....90854

its also really important to wear a good minimizing bra. I find the Jewish stores are the best for this…

amother
Peachpuff

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 6:47 am
Clover in Monsey has good t shirts for that. They are generally inexpensive.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 6:48 am
For my dd of similar build, and also very careful about tznius: , we typically buy a larger size and - youre not going to want to hear this- tailor it. And its not just t shirts. Yes it costs $$, but I dont sew. I sent her to sewing lessons last year and between her and her friends who sew better than her they did it themselves last year. Shes in seminary now so has not bought clothes since last summer.

Necks are still hard ( especially because she has a small neck too). She is particular and always wears a sleeveless shell for her neck. It happens to also smooth her a bit. It sticks out at the neck but she doesnt care.

We did well w meili from Fame for t shirts.
She also bought o few of a blousy style with a waist tie that I still see around.

None of this is cheap though. To me its one of the costs of being frum.
Im happy she tries hard to be tznius. She is not ashamed one bit. She likes her figure and is happy this is her problem instead of others, though she can get frustrated shopping.

(You mentioned kiddichic, thats only kids clothes so no way those are going to work).

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 7:03 am
amother DarkOrange wrote:
I am.a 34 DDD, and wear the Meli dolman tshirts often-
https://fameoncentral.com/prod.....90854

its also really important to wear a good minimizing bra. I find the Jewish stores are the best for this…

Yes! Dolmans are great. You can get the dolman style in many stores.

(I forgot to mention dolmans because my dd is not a fan)

SuperWify

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 7:22 am
Does she have a good t-shirt bra?

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 8:46 am
She got professionally fitted and I think the bra is good. Not minimizing, but she's a young girl who should be comfortable. Sweaters and cardigans and whatever are not going to work for a 12 year old running around camp. I can't believe these T-shirts costing $45 each. I'm feeling a little sick. They know people need to wear clothing every day, right? I could buy a couple of these but then what?

My closest Jewish shopping is 5 towns. I could probably get to Queens too. Lakewood definitely won't help unless they ship and have a great return policy. Brooklyn would be difficult with so little time until summer but if you tell me there is a magic shirt waiting there in more like $20 range I could try to make it happen. Sorry I forgot to include location at first.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 9:24 am
How about these tshirts from Dress Blank? Seem more affordable

https://dressblank.com/product.....d-tee

https://dressblank.com/product.....n-tee

tulip3

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 9:29 am
Alipicks has a dolman style t shirt for teens and women.

tulip3

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 9:30 am
amother OP wrote:
She got professionally fitted and I think the bra is good. Not minimizing, but she's a young girl who should be comfortable. Sweaters and cardigans and whatever are not going to work for a 12 year old running around camp. I can't believe these T-shirts costing $45 each. I'm feeling a little sick. They know people need to wear clothing every day, right? I could buy a couple of these but then what?

My closest Jewish shopping is 5 towns. I could probably get to Queens too. Lakewood definitely won't help unless they ship and have a great return policy. Brooklyn would be difficult with so little time until summer but if you tell me there is a magic shirt waiting there in more like $20 range I could try to make it happen. Sorry I forgot to include location at first.

This year you close your eyes and swipe the cc bec this is what she needs. When the tshirts go on sale this summer, buy a bunch for next year.

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 10:09 am
There is nothing wrong with having a figure. I do not recommend a minimizer at all. They are unhealthy to wear, and they compress instead of supporting. For someone who's really busty (not just a preteen who's developed for their age) minimizers actually make the breasts look bigger because all that compressed breast tissue has to go somewhere. They just look flatter and wider (misshapen). A bra should lift, separate, and support. Women are supposed to have breasts. It's not something we need to make go away.

There is a problem with the clothing industry, in which clothing isn't made to accommodate breasts. I think it's made worse by the trend of bringing in clothing and sizing from China, where the average size is smaller. So it's not just "busty" individuals who should ideally be tailoring their clothes. A lot of the clothes really aren't designed for the population they're marketed to.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 12:03 pm
tulip3 wrote:
Alipicks has a dolman style t shirt for teens and women.

Do you have a link? I don't even really get what dolman means. I'm looking at them and I just see T-shirts. I'm not very knowledgeable in fashion.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 12:04 pm
tulip3 wrote:
This year you close your eyes and swipe the cc bec this is what she needs. When the tshirts go on sale this summer, buy a bunch for next year.

Are you going to pay my interest after I do that? I'm not trying to be difficult but the money literally is not here.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 12:06 pm
amother NeonBlue wrote:
https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/123863?productId=1763700&attrValue_0=White&sku=1000032363&pla1=0&qs=3155264&pcd=SAND10&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjw3tCyBhDBARIsAEY0XNn_rl_qMwy_fXpfucs2hE8vse3fLE-th84msvRHYDxOMEN9H9ojU-waAkLbEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

https://www.landsend.com/produ.....w_wcB

https://www.landsend.com/produ.....w_wcB

https://esteez.com/collections/casual-tops-1

Thanks! Do you have personal experience with how they run? Because again they look like regular T-shirts to me so I'm not sure if I'll just be doing more of the same I've been going through already...

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 12:11 pm
If you live in/near Lakewood I saw salespeople at Fame helping a very overweight young girl with t-shirts and skirts for camp. I think they can be helpful.

amother
Oatmeal

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 1:38 pm
I like the meli ribbed crew neck 3q shirts from game. I’m 30DD and they aren’t too tight in a size small

Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics