Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Live oot and my 12 dd needs a bra

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 3:30 am
Do any frum stores do a virtual try on, or can have me measure her and get right bra?

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 3:31 am
Why do you need to buy a bra from a frum store specifically?

notshanarishona

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 3:48 am
Plenty of not frum stores provide instructions for measuring

Iymnok

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 4:03 am
As I understand, nonjewish girls and ladies also wear bras. They also appreciate when they fit well.
Measure her at home.
Choose a few, have her try them on. It should sit close to her body without digging in. The cup should be filled. If it's not, get a smaller cup size. If it's digging in to the breast tissue, get a bigger cup size.
You could go up a letter and down a number for the sane size and I slightly different shape.

Go somewhere with a large selection.

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 4:14 am
I had an indelibly awful experience at a very well known frum lingerie store when I got my first bra at 11. I’m 46 and Havent stepped foot in a frum lingerie store since. I just don’t get the devotion people have to these stores.

amother
Stonewash

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 4:32 am
I avoid bra fittings at frum lingerie stores like the plague!
The place my mother took me to felt like a totally dehumanizing experience. They were so rushed, didn't give any privacy, touched without asking/warning, and you had to be really pushy if you wanted to have your preferences taken into account when they brought you options. Stopped doing it entirely after I was married, so I don't know if things have changed in the last 6 or so years.
It's not hard at all to measure at home. There are possibly non Jewish stores that do it too. It's also generally less expensive and you get many more options too without the pressure to try on and get out as fast as humanly possible.

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 4:46 am
https://www.victoriassecret.co.....aw.ds

amother
DarkViolet

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 4:48 am
I would ask your dd if she prefers to go be fitted in a store, or to measure at home and try some on at home. Some girls would prefer one method, some would prefer the other.
I just went to a department store. I found it less cringy than a frum store.

essie14

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 7:48 am
I grew up OOT and never went to a frum lingerie store in my entire life. Somehow I managed to buy bras just fine!
Every non jewish girl needs a training bra.

tichellady

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 7:50 am
Nordstrom is great for fitting

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 7:54 am
I order online from petit clair. They give instructions how to measure.
However, they don't take returns on underwear.

amother
Snow

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 7:57 am
tichellady wrote:
Nordstrom is great for fitting

I only took my girls to Nordstrom they fit very professionally and have great selection also live oot. Los Angeles

amother
Green

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 8:02 am
My almost 12 year old only wants to wear the Uniqlo ones as they don’t have a rubber on the bottom. So far they’re providing great coverage.

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 8:37 pm
amother Green wrote:
My almost 12 year old only wants to wear the Uniqlo ones as they don’t have a rubber on the bottom. So far they’re providing great coverage.

This one?
Is it padded? Does it flatten?

amother
Feverfew

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 8:42 pm
Why don't you just have her try some on and see what's comfortable? Does everyone go for a fitting?

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 8:43 pm
amother Lemonchiffon wrote:
This one?
Is it padded? Does it flatten?

Ooc why would you want a girls first bra to flatten? I would have thought the goal is to support.

amother
Junglegreen

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 9:13 pm
Order different ones on Amazon and do a return whatever isn't good

DrMom

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 9:20 pm
amother Feverfew wrote:
Why don't you just have her try some on and see what's comfortable? Does everyone go for a fitting?

This. Especially for a 12 year old. Unless she is unusually developed, she won't need anything with complicated construction. Just go into any department store and have her try things on.

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 7:18 am
As others have said, non-Jewish bra stores also do fittings. I would avoid Victoria's Secret (especially with a 12-year-old!!) but Nordstrom is known for doing a good job in this department. Just make sure it's not Nordstrom Rack because I don't think they do it there. I have also had nice experiences at Aerie and their marketing is much healthier than VS. You could also search for whatever non-chain independent bra shops are in your area.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics