Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shavuos
Looking for dairy soy egg free cheesecake recipe
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 12:55 pm
No tofutti. Using Wayfare, Daiya or similar type cream cheese Any ideas?
Thank you!

amother
Camellia

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 1:04 pm
I read your title and instantly knew which recipe to share.

Add two parts hydrogen to one part oxygen 😀

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 1:08 pm
amother Camellia wrote:
I read your title and instantly knew which recipe to share.

Add two parts hydrogen to one part oxygen 😀

Ouch! That really hurt Crying

That's not helpful.
Should I tell that to my dc who cries every yt that they can't have all the goodies everyone is having because of their food allergies?

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 1:09 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thank you!

Personally I think that stuff is kind of gross. Would you consider making a nut based cheesecake? There are many recipes online that use soaked cashews in a high speed blender. I've made quite a few that have come out delicious.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 1:12 pm
amother Cantaloupe wrote:
Personally I think that stuff is kind of gross. Would you consider making a nut based cheesecake? There are many recipes online that use soaked cashews in a high speed blender. I've made quite a few that have come out delicious.

Child is allergic to nuts too. They're used to the taste of those cream cheeses as they eat them regularly.
Thank you for your thoughtful reply.

yiddishmom

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 1:23 pm
Would it work to take any egg free cheesecake recipe and swap the dairy cream cheese for your DF cream cheese?

juggling

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 1:40 pm
Blend your dairy-free cream cheese with instant vanilla pudding mix. The pudding mix stabilizes the cheese and there's no need for eggs. Don't bake.

amother
Kiwi

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 1:44 pm
When I did Keto (wasn't for long) I made a mousse out of mostly avocado. Maybe you could google avocado based mousse recipes, and try to pass that off as cheesecake?

amother
Kiwi

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 1:49 pm
amother Kiwi wrote:
When I did Keto (wasn't for long) I made a mousse out of mostly avocado. Maybe you could google avocado based mousse recipes, and try to pass that off as cheesecake?

I never tried these recipes, but they came up in a search and may work for you. They call for nuts in the crust, but you could make the filling with your own crust.

https://carinaberry.com/avocad.....cipe/

https://cerijoneschef.com/lime.....cake/

https://myfoodbook.com.au/reci.....ecake

bbhem5

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 1:53 pm
This recipe says it can be made with Daiya cream cheese. It does use cashews though, which would not work for my allergic dc. https://www.marystestkitchen.c.....cake/

What I have done is beat up a whip with vanilla pudding mix and whatever milk is ok (rice, coconut, oat) plus some lemon juice and maybe some extra vanilla. I've frozen it in small molds and dipped it into melted chocolate. Frozen cheesecake truffles! I've also spread the whip mix in whatever pie crust, spread with filling, and frozen it like that.
Does it REALLY taste like cheese cake? Of course not, but my allergic kids don't know the difference.
It definitely helps that my kids who are not allergic do not appreciate cheesecake at all anyway.

The melted chocolate or pie filling definitely help also!

amother
Kiwi

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 1:55 pm
https://www.wellplated.com/avo.....usse/

This recipe for chocolate mousse made from avocados has really high reviews. It says almond milk, but I bet you could replace with rice milk.

Maybe you could tell your kid it's chocolate cheesecake?

Btw, when I made my keto avocado chocolate mousse, it didn't have an avocado taste. It was just cool and creamy and good. The chocolate covers up the green color, so you'd never guess avocado.

Bsimcha7

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 2:47 pm
I'm in a similar situation, I've used avocado plenty but NEVER when the kids are around. I've used this filling in as many versions as I can , topping it differently every time.

It's not an easy task, these children really struggle.

A suggestion, because I must have clear signs at the table what's dairy I decorate the parve with different party flavors ex: mini umbrellas, the little ones love it.

amother
Camellia

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 5:18 pm
amother OP wrote:
Ouch! That really hurt Crying

Sorry....I also have food issues and I didn't mean to upset anyone Sad

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 5:41 pm
amother OP wrote:
Child is allergic to nuts too. They're used to the taste of those cream cheeses as they eat them regularly.
Thank you for your thoughtful reply.

Ack, sorry.
I think your best bet then is to go to those brands' websites or instagram accounts (if they have) and search for a cheesecake recipe there, meant to work well with the specific product. Good luck!

ra_mom

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 5:46 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thank you!

No Bake Parve Cheesecake

1 1/2 (8 oz) containers pareve cream cheese (like Wayfare, 12 oz total)
1 cup liquid whipped topping
1/2 pkg. vanilla pudding powder
1 tbsp lemon juice
graham cracker shell

Whip up the whip until stiff. Add the cream cheese. Then add the vanilla pudding powder. Add lemon juice. Spoon mixture into the graham cracker shell and refrigerate overnight.

patzer

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 7:01 pm
Here's a recipe I've tried once. It's dairy, but if you feel comfortable substituting pareve cream cheese for dairy, it might work.

3 oz. cream cheese
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup chocolate syrup
1 cup whipping cream
1 ready-made pie crust

Using a mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar and extract until well blended. Gradually add syrup, beating until smooth.
In separate mixer bowl, beat whipping cream until it's very stiff. Carefully fold into chocolate mixture. Fill up the pie crust with the mixture. Cover and freeze until firm. Garnish with chocolate curls. Serve frozen.

tichellady

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 7:12 pm
juggling wrote:
Blend your dairy-free cream cheese with instant vanilla pudding mix. The pudding mix stabilizes the cheese and there's no need for eggs. Don't bake.

I think raw cheesecake makes the most sense here

giftedmom

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 7:16 pm
There’s a pineapple pie that tastes just like cheesecake but I don’t have the recipe maybe someone does

amother
Snow

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 7:27 pm
giftedmom wrote:
There’s a pineapple pie that tastes just like cheesecake but I don’t have the recipe maybe someone does

Pineapple Pie:
1 can crushed pineapple
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil
4 eggs
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla sugar

Bake 45 minutes, top with cherry pie filling and bake additional 15 minutes.

cupcake123

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 7:31 pm
amother Snow wrote:
Pineapple Pie:
1 can crushed pineapple
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil
4 eggs
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla sugar

Bake 45 minutes, top with cherry pie filling and bake additional 15 minutes.

I make this its really cool looks smells and tastes like cheesecake but it has eggs so no for op Sad
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics