Home
Log in / Sign Up
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Summer Camps for Elementary kids in RBS
1  2  Next



Post new topic   Reply to topic View latest: 24h 48h 72h

SesameSeeds




 
 
    
 

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 1:51 pm
Hi, I am thinking of doing a summer trip to Israel and stay in RBS.
I am wondering if there are any American style summer daycamps where my kids would feel comfortable? I have 3 girls in various elementary ages.

I would appreciate any info as well as dates they run.
Back to top

amother
Hunter


 

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 1:57 pm
What schools are they in?
Bnos, Ashira, Achva, Machanayim in JM has a bus that goes,
Back to top

SesameSeeds




 
 
    
 

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 2:05 pm
I live in the US...

Looking for Heimish / Chassidish crowd..
Back to top

amother
Hunter


 

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 2:12 pm
There are no camps spefically catering to a heimish anglo crowd in RBS. In general this demographic isn't well represented in RBS. Ashira is the most BY off all of the above. Also machanayim in JM might have this crowd but they will have to bus every day.
Back to top

LovesHashem




 
 
    
 

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 2:15 pm
What do you mean by heimish? Chassidim have small backyard camps, nothing too official.
Back to top

SesameSeeds




 
 
    
 

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 2:18 pm
I would say we are neutral chassidish
Kids are in mostly English speaking schools.

How would I go about finding out about backyard daycamps?

Kids ages are 3, 7 and 9
Back to top

amother
Kiwi


 

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 2:19 pm
amother Hunter wrote:
There are no camps spefically catering to a heimish anglo crowd in RBS. In general this demographic isn't well represented in RBS. Ashira is the most BY off all of the above. Also machanayim in JM might have this crowd but they will have to bus every day.


I thought RBS has a heimish Anglo crowd.
Is that not accurate?
Back to top

amother
Hunter


 

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 2:21 pm
amother Kiwi wrote:
I thought RBS has a heimish Anglo crowd.
Is that not accurate?

Not like in JM. There are some in Gimmel2. But they mostly integrate completely into the Israeli culture. Large day camps are not part of the Israel culture...
Back to top

amother
Kiwi


 

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 2:22 pm
amother Hunter wrote:
Not like in JM. There are some in Gimmel2. But they mostly integrate completely into the Israeli culture. Large day camps are not part of the Israel culture...


Ok I’m asking off topic because we’ve been looking to make Aliyah and people told us to go to RBS. But I don’t want to hijack the thread with this I was just curious
Back to top

tree of life




 
 
    
 

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 3:19 pm
amother Kiwi wrote:
Ok I’m asking off topic because we’ve been looking to make Aliyah and people told us to go to RBS. But I don’t want to hijack the thread with this I was just curious

I live in rbs if I can help you
Back to top

amother
Kiwi


 

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 3:23 pm
tree of life wrote:
I live in rbs if I can help you


Thx I’ll pm you
Back to top

LovesHashem




 
 
    
 

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 3:26 pm
amother Hunter wrote:
Not like in JM. There are some in Gimmel2. But they mostly integrate completely into the Israeli culture. Large day camps are not part of the Israel culture...


This. Plenty of Anglo heimish but they don't have their own schools or shuls etc, they integrate. Real big camps is an American concept and only very American communities have them.
Back to top

Reality




 
 
    
 

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 3:36 pm
If OP is heimish why couldn't she send to the BY track of Camp Bnos?

OP, are you coming for the entire summer? Private camp is much shorter here because there is government subsidized school camp for the month of July.
Back to top

SesameSeeds




 
 
    
 

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 3:48 pm
Reality wrote:
If OP is heimish why couldn't she send to the BY track of Camp Bnos?

OP, are you coming for the entire summer? Private camp is much shorter here because there is government subsidized school camp for the month of July.


What are the dates of summer vacation in Israel?
What are the dates of daycamp
Back to top

SesameSeeds




 
 
    
 

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 3:59 pm
I am completely fine with small backyard camps. HOw do I go about finding out an appropriate place for my kids?

I would like to come for July and August but I have to see if I can make it work. If my kids wont have a place to go to it would be too hard to entertain them all day.
Back to top

Reality




 
 
    
 

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 4:13 pm
SesameSeeds wrote:
I am completely fine with small backyard camps. HOw do I go about finding out an appropriate place for my kids?

I would like to come for July and August but I have to see if I can make it work. If my kids wont have a place to go to it would be too hard to entertain them all day.


Camp Bnos is from July 24th- August 20th.
Back to top

SesameSeeds




 
 
    
 

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 4:34 pm
Reality wrote:
Camp Bnos is from July 24th- August 20th.


Thanks so much!
Are backyard daycamps longer?
Back to top

amother
Hunter


 

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 4:38 pm
Reality wrote:
If OP is heimish why couldn't she send to the BY track of Camp Bnos?

OP, are you coming for the entire summer? Private camp is much shorter here because there is government subsidized school camp for the month of July.


Oh your right. Forgot that there are two tracks!
Back to top

amother
Seashell


 

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 4:44 pm
SesameSeeds wrote:
Thanks so much!
Are backyard daycamps longer?

I haven't seen anything advertised starting before July 22 so I assume that's when school camps finish.

Backyard camps tend to be for anywhere between 1 and 4 weeks, and often are advertised (by word of mouth, neighborhood whatsapp, email list) closer to the summer.

I've only really seen camps starting to advertise this week or last. Camp Bnos, mentioned earlier, and its preschool division, Kinderlach, hasn't run an ad in the local circular yet.
Back to top

amother
Rainbow


 

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 3:25 am
Camp Machanayim is in Jslm but arranges bus transportation to and from the capital every day.
I know families who've sent there and their kids had a fantastic time - lots of heimish Americans.
They do several tracks, for all ages.
Well worth inquiring.
Back to top
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics




Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions

Related Topics Replies Last Post
[ Poll ] Did your kids ever punch or kick a hole in the wall?
by amother
29 Today at 6:09 pm View last post
The circle (kids magazine)
by Junee
7 Yesterday at 4:20 pm View last post
Kids towel ( with hood)
by r3
7 Yesterday at 3:07 pm View last post
Ramot vs. RBS vs telstone
by amother
26 Yesterday at 12:01 pm View last post
How many kids fit in your 2br apt?
by amother
33 Thu, Jun 20 2024, 10:30 pm View last post