Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Babysitter troubles

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 7:44 pm
So, I've started a few threads about this over the past year, and it has now come to a close.

I take ds (2) to a babysitter for a couple of hours/week. Since I started bringing him, she has fed him. I have continuously told her, no food except what I provide - I give twice as many snacks as he has when at home with me, so it's not that he's hungry.

Time and again, there has been evidence that she has given him food - the fruit punch in the sippy cup, the choc cookie crumbs in the tray, the fruit roll up, etc. Time and again, we say NO FOOD! After I started to bring him to her, we brought him to the doc for a checkup and over those few months he had gained too much. Today I picked him up and he was eating pretzels (not from me) and said, (his name) ice cream. That's all he could talk about - him having ice cream. She said, he didn't have ice cream, just her granddaughters. The problem is not the pretzels, he has them with me all the time, the problem a) would be the ice cream and b) I can't trust her.

Dh ended up calling her, she got mad and now we can't bring him to her anymore (a mixed blessing because it finally made the decision for us).

Problem: I start school tomorrow. Luckily, I have a friend who drops her daughter off somewhere, so I'll drop him off there for tomorrow, but it doesn't sound like a long term option.

I'm just frustrated with the whole situation. Mad

GAMZu

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 8:16 pm
That does sound frustrating! At least you don't have to deal with her anymore. How can you trust someone with bigger issues if she doesn't even listen to you about food?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics