Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Bathroom Renovation- Jacuzzis, Free standing tub, ???

Greenapple

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 5:31 pm
Redoing my bathroom, where do I start?

If It would be up to me, I would do a simple shower only; at the end of the long days, all I need is walk in and out and done.

DH does want jacuzzi. I have no idea what to look for. Or where to start.

Any input or advice for bathroomwould be greatly appreciated.

UQT

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 6:11 pm
Don’t you need a bath for mikvah prep? I probably used my jacuzzi three times in 20 years. At this point the pipes are filthy from disuse and it can’t be used.

Greenapple

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 9:34 pm
No, I use at the mikvah

Amarante

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 9:57 pm
You need a large area for a free standing tub. They are difficult to clean around and also more difficult to get in and out of. Not to mention no ledge for things.

You can get an air jacuzzi as those don't get filthy the way the ones that use water do.

I am with Greenapple as there is no point in a bath at home - it just exists to get dirty and need cleaning.

On the other hand I LOVE my shower which is relatively large. It has a built in bench with a hand held by the bench as well as a hand held at the other end with the regular shower head. There is nothing better than to sit on the bench for a few minutes when the shower has become a bit steamy and is warm. It's a great place to put on a face mask or do some conditioner because you can wash it all of so easily.

Rubber Duck

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 12:43 am
Don’t get a jacuzzi, get an air blowing tub. It feels the same or better than a jacuzzi and there’s no pipes that get dirty.. go to Ferguson in nj I think mahwah.
There’s a frum woman that works there, she’s super helpful. I think her name is Ariella Wertzberger

sequoia

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 12:45 am
Amarante wrote:

I am with Greenapple as there is no point in a bath at home - it just exists to get dirty and need cleaning.

Some of us only take baths… kinda weird to assume everyone is the same and has the same needs.

giftedmom

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 12:53 am
If you do take a freestanding tub go to the store and sit in a few to see which one is most comfortable

Rubber Duck

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 1:04 am
Greenapple wrote:
No, I use at the mikvah

What about shabbos/yom tov/motzei mikvas?

Rubber Duck

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 1:07 am
Jets in the shower really good

Greenapple

Post Thu, May 30 2024, 9:39 pm
Thanks everyone for your input.

Im looking for a small corner jacuzzi - approx 40''. Would anyone be able to advise a responsible site?

Greenapple

Post Thu, May 30 2024, 10:14 pm
How about a shower? Where can I look up ideas for one?

happyness

Post Thu, May 30 2024, 10:25 pm
I put in an air/water jacuzzi. I haven’t used it yet- we’re midst construction - but the store told me to make sure to wash out the jacuzzi once a month with soap in the holes.

We also did a separate standing shower with handheld and four jets.

One thing I enjoyed was a cool video I saw that helped me make cubicles- indent cut out in the tiles- for shampoo by the shower, one along the tub for soaps, and one near the sink for toothbrushes and soaps ( I did not do a medicine chest, just an led mirror)

tweety1

Post Thu, May 30 2024, 10:39 pm
Dh regularly uses the jacuzzi. I also sometimes take a bath at home instead of mikvah exp erev's. I vote for a jacuzzi. But, you have to know yourself if it will be used. My sil used her 2x in 20 years. For her it was a waste of $. Mine already paid itself off.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics