Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Recipes/Ideas For Freezing

Tao

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 8:25 pm
Currently on maternity leave playing the waiting game for this baby to arrive iyH and I'm so bored LOL LOL
I was thinking it may be a good idea to stock my freezer with some meals, or meal prep for after the baby's born. But we're so not a freezer family so I'm new to this! Need ideas please, especially recipes (easy ones please - I am heavily pregnant after all Laugh )
I already have 4 kinds of soup in my freezer so don't need those.
The only thing I can think of is meatballs, but we aren't such a ground meat family....
any suggestions welcome!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 8:28 pm
Shavuos food?

Tao

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 8:32 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Shavuos food?

No, I meant more suppers for every day
Shavuos I'm not too concerned, my kids won't touch anything milchig that isn't plain mac and cheese or pizza so I'll probably just leave a flame on over YT for pasta and warm up some pizzas maybe

peace2

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 8:33 pm
Proteins in sauce freeze nicely- like roasts, sweet and sour chicken, etc. If you’re making yt those are good to get done now
I freeze lasagna after baking and it warms up very nicely

sara1232

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 8:36 pm
Tao wrote:
Currently on maternity leave playing the waiting game for this baby to arrive iyH and I'm so bored LOL LOL
I was thinking it may be a good idea to stock my freezer with some meals, or meal prep for after the baby's born. But we're so not a freezer family so I'm new to this! Need ideas please, especially recipes (easy ones please - I am heavily pregnant after all Laugh )
I already have 4 kinds of soup in my freezer so don't need those.
The only thing I can think of is meatballs, but we aren't such a ground meat family....
any suggestions welcome!

Any kind of meat like brisket, chuck roast, etc.
Anything with mashed potatoes freeze very nicely too (blintzes, knishes, etc).

ra_mom

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 8:38 pm
I like to bread and freeze raw chicken cutlets. Stack with little pieces of parchment paper in between so they don't stick together.

You said you don't go for ground meat but if your family likes burgers, season form freeze and stack with parchment paper in between.

Season and stuff pita for arayes.

Season raw chicken legs and freeze all ready in 9x13 pans.

Marinate and freeze dark chicken cutlets (shwarma seasoning, BBQ seasoning, etc).

Egg noodles (not pasta) like lokshen, orzo, bow ties (cabbage & noodles), farfel all freeze well already cooked. This is also great for shabbos prep.

You can also soak rinse and drain cholent beans. Measure out barley and spices and freeze a semi ready compilation of your cholent.

Keep frozen bags of veggies, French fries, onion rings, etc in the freezer for quickly rounding out a meal.

Bake/fry breaded eggplant. Layer with sauce and cheese and freeze so you can bake fresh.

Cook pasta only halfway. Assemble baked ziti, spinach bake or lasagna and freeze so you can bake fresh.

Bake pizza dough rounds. Layer with sauce and cheese so you can bake fresh.

amother
Magnolia

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 8:41 pm
I like to prep chicken cutlets (shnitzel) and freeze it raw- this way you can have fresh tasting chicken with little to no prep.
You can defrost and fry fresh, or even bake in the oven.
I also like to prep chicken on the bone recipes and freeze raw. I just pop into the oven and bake for about 3 hours, uncovering the last half hour.
Many grains freeze really well- rice, couscous, farfel etc
I also freeze potato kugel, then put into oven overnight at 250 degrees.
Anything in puff pastry freezes really well- meat knishes, Deli roll, Franks n blank, potato knishes.
All baked goods freeze well also- think muffins, biscotti etc
Good luck!

dankbar

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 9:20 pm
Sloppy Joe's with sautéed veggies inside.

Taco meat

Kugels
Lukshen kugel
Apple cobblers

Lomein with veggies

Pasta with crumbs

Shlishkes

Greenbeans with Pastrami and mushrooms

Veg kugels might get soggy but reheat for longer time, so maybe don't bake fully before.

Turnovers

Compote

Soup noodles matzo balls, kreplach or ravioli

Cheese blintzes

Cheese cake
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics