Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
If you're average to tall and normal bmi what do you eat?
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP  

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 10:46 pm
What do you eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, and shabbos, if you're average to tall and normal bmi and have been steady at this weight for at least half a year? Please don't tell me to go to a nutritionist. Trying to go from overweight to normal bmi. thanks.

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 8:34 pm
bump

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 8:35 pm
What does height have to do with this? Why not ask if you're normal bmi.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 8:53 pm
I'm 5"5 weigh 135.
Diet:
Breakfast
2 w/w toasts for breakfast sometime eggs
Snack
Fruit
Lunch
Salad or Tuna or salmon roasted vegetables
Snack
Fruit
Dinner
Soup
Chicken bottom or grilled chicken or steak
Vegetables

I sometimes cheat and eat chocolate or potato chips instead of lunch

sara1232

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 8:57 pm
Try using a calorie counting app

amother
Phlox

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 9:00 pm
Breakfast: usually plain whole milk yogurt with fruit and sometimes honey. Sometimes a smoothie (fruit, milk, protein powder). Cereal and milk or oatmeal once on a while.
Lunch: usually some sort of carb? Just easier to pack and I’m lazy but I try to only have whole grains. Whole wheat pasta with cheese and sauce, a ww peanut butter sandwich, burrito in a whole wheat tortilla, etc or if I have leftovers from dinner will often take that.
Dinner: varies a lot but my rule is to always have some sort of protein and veggie included in there somewhere and only whole grains if we’re having bread/pasta/pizza/rice involved. We eat pretty random food but when I make a weekly menu I kinda have a template of 1 night leftovers 1 night fish 1 night chicken 1 meat (usually ground beef) and the other 2 parve or milchigs to save money.
Snacks: so much fruit lol. Currently pregnant and addicted. I bring some to work and snack on frozen fruit at night. Sometimes veggies and hummus. And at some point in the day I’ll probably have a more unhealthy snack like chocolate/pretzels/chips. I try not to let that be my default type of snack but I don’t cut out any food groups or specific foods and I’m a big believer of enjoying treats responsibly Smile like I’ll never turn down dessert or an ice cream trip etc if it sounds good but it’s also not a regular part of my routine to have that stuff so I don’t think it’s a big deal. I’m very into intuitive eating and BH have always been a healthy/lower end BMI.

amother
Pistachio  

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 9:00 pm
amother Indigo wrote:

This

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 9:15 pm
Height- because the taller you are the more you could eat to maintain the same weight and the opposite if shorter. someone who is 5'10" can eat more than a 5'0" and stay the same bmi.
Calorie counting apps didn't help me.

amother
  Pistachio  

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 9:30 pm
OP, plase look up the definition of BMI

amother
Tomato

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 9:37 pm
I'm 5, 10 and normal bmi. I try to eat meals, not necessarily healthy, usually actually they're carb- heavy. But I try not to nosh between meals and if I do, then I try for healthy options like an apple, Cucumbers and chummus... but I do cheat here and there as well.
I also drink a lot of plain water- about 70-80 oz a day.

amother
Azure

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 9:42 pm
I’m 5’4 130 lbs. I calorie count . 1200 calories a day and exercise. When I’m not being careful (Pesach etc .. ) the weight comes on quick.

I think we forget that for 100s of year people ate 12-1800 calories a day. We consume soooo much food now that when I tell people I eat 1200 calories their first reaction is “you must be starvinggg” nope I’m really not. I’m used to this and it’s a very normal amount to eat.

amother
Jasmine  

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 11:12 pm
Age is also a factor as many of us have come to learn.

ftm1234

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 12:11 am
Delete

amother
Snowdrop  

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 12:41 am
I am 54 years old. I am 5'3.5" and I fluctuate between 110-113lbs. I do intermittent fasting 5 days a week. During the week I have 2 bowls of Fiber One cereal with skim milk for breakfast and some milk chocolate. The rest of the day I will have a fruit, dry roasted cashews, baby carrots and a mini diet cheese cake. Or if I skip the cheese cake, more nuts maybe more chocolate. On Shabbos I eat fish, chicken, challah, cholent, salad and cake. So I gain a few lbs over shabbos and lose it during the week. If I have a simcha or go to a restaurant (not often) I will eat even if it is after my eating hours. Whatever I gain I can lose over the next few days.

amother
Burntblack

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 12:52 am
amother Snowdrop wrote:
I am 54 years old. I am 5'3.5" and I fluctuate between 110-113lbs. I do intermittent fasting 5 days a week. During the week I have 2 bowls of Fiber One cereal with skim milk for breakfast and some milk chocolate. The rest of the day I will have a fruit, dry roasted cashews, baby carrots and a mini diet cheese cake. Or if I skip the cheese cake, more nuts maybe more chocolate. On Shabbos I eat fish, chicken, challah, cholent, salad and cake. So I gain a few lbs over shabbos and lose it during the week. If I have a simcha or go to a restaurant (not often) I will eat even if it is after my eating hours. Whatever I gain I can lose over the next few days.

Thats massive self control.

Don't you look too skinny at 113- 5.4?

I'm 5.2 and at 160 I am afraid to lose an ounce because it makes me look so skinny and oolllddd.

amother
Chambray

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 1:10 am
I'm 5'4 and 126 lbs. Used to be 115 but I had kids... I wish I can lose the weight. I've always been the same size and now nothing fits I finally understand what the oversight people go through. Nothing fits and the scale doesn't budge!!

I know you'll say my weight isn't bad but my figure changed and I have a postpartum stomach and I can't find anything normal that looks good on me!
The hardest part is no one understands! I look thin but I still have to try on 10 things till I find something and even then I'm still not sure if its really good ..

lovelylife  

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 3:20 am
It's not about what they eat; it's about how they think about and approach food.

Last edited by lovelylife on Wed, May 29 2024, 3:25 am; edited 1 time in total

lovelylife

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 3:25 am
lovelylife wrote:
It's not about what they eat; it's about how they think about and approach food.

On that note:

DrMom

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 3:31 am
amother Indigo wrote:

Because OP wants to know the amount (as well as kind) of food people eat.

A woman who is 5'10" and has a BMI of 23 weighs ~160 lbs
A woman who is 4'8" and has a BMI of 23 weighs ~ 103 lbs

On average -- assuming similar metabolism, age, etc. -- a 160 lb woman will eat more than her 103 lb counterpart.

imaima  

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 4:43 am
amother OP wrote:
Height- because the taller you are the more you could eat to maintain the same weight and the opposite if shorter. someone who is 5'10" can eat more than a 5'0" and stay the same bmi.
Calorie counting apps didn't help me.

This is a stupid method. What about muscle, fat, visceral fat, insulin resistance?
You need to get a hang of your metabolism.
Also the age of the posters?

I can say straight up some of these diets are detrimental and they may backfire in the long run. Some of these posters may end up with diabetes (or not. So many variables) but you will never know.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise