Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
What city in Israel has working Chareidi?
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 3:42 pm
Please name chareidi cities or neighborhoods in Israel (other than rbs) where it is normal and accepted for men to work. Looking for such a city with a presence of Anglos but doesn't need to be that significant.

amother
Plum

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 3:45 pm
Rechovot, Karmiel

Success10

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 4:01 pm
Rechovot, Givat Zeev, Telz Stone, and certain neighborhoods in Jerusalem. But there's a handful of them everywhere, even in the most Chareidi areas. Beitar has a bunch. Still, it's not fully the norm there.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 4:02 pm
Thank you!
What about Neve Yaakov and Pisgat Zev?

amother
Molasses

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 4:08 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thank you!

Pisgat Zeev has a growing young Chareidi community, but they're not Anglo. Not really working. The Neve Hapisga area of Pisgat Zeev is pricier new homes, but you are more likely to find working families there. Still, I don't personally know of any Americans living there.
Neve Yaakov has a handful of working Anglos. It's not a huge Anglo community in general. You can get your kid into school and basically be a part of the kehillah there with a working husband, as long as you more or less fit in. You or your husband might feel like you don't fit in based on your own personality, as it's far from the norm. But it exists.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 4:11 pm
amother Molasses wrote:
Pisgat Zeev has a growing young Chareidi community, but they're not Anglo. Not really working. The Neve Hapisga area of Pisgat Zeev is pricier new homes, but you are more likely to find working families there. Still, I don't personally know of any Americans living there.
Neve Yaakov has a handful of working Anglos. It's not a huge Anglo community in general. You can get your kid into school and basically be a part of the kehillah there with a working husband, as long as you more or less fit in. You or your husband might feel like you don't fit in based on your own personality, as it's far from the norm. But it exists.

Thank you for your response! Is there another place you'd recommend for a working chareidi anglo?
Kids are still little, so can fully integrate, that's why I'm looking for somewhere other than rbs.
I don't need a huge amount of anglos, but would appreciate having some around to feel more comfortable.

amother
Molasses

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 4:12 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thank you for your response! Is there another place you'd recommend for a working chareidi anglo?

Rechovot. I spent Shabbos there once, a really warm kehilla of Anglos, all US style. OOT feel.

amother
Chicory

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 4:14 pm
Afula - not a very strong anglo presence but there are a handful of families. That being said working fathers in the chareidi community is super common and not looked down upon

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 4:24 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thank you!

I live near the entrance of Neve Yaakov where it joins with Pisgat Zev.
There is a presence of working men here they all wear black and white and live the yeshivish lifestyle. Its a very nice community but mainly Israeli with Anglos or American-Israelis scattered throughout.
Its definitely considered more of a normal/modern area compared to further in neve yaakov. Many people have Whatsapp on Qin phones and some on smartphones.

Ruchel

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 10:59 am
I want to say everywhere
I saw some of them in the hardest jobs

amother
Lightgray

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 11:04 am
The majority of the people in the world, Chareidim included work to make a living...

I wouldn't use this as your criteria when looking for a community in Israel.

- I live in Yerushalayim, we are chareidi and my husband works and we are not strange in any way

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 12:24 pm
amother Lightgray wrote:
The majority of the people in the world, Chareidim included work to make a living...

- I live in Yerushalayim, we are chareidi and my husband works and we are not strange in any way

Where do u live
I also live in yerushalyim and am Chareidi my husband works and he’s the only one Ik of that is working in my Anglo community
I hate the feeling of being the only one

Bnei Berak 10

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 12:33 pm
All chareidi places have a mix of working men and kollel men.

amother
Lightgray

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 2:50 pm
amother Smokey wrote:
Where do u live
I also live in yerushalyim and am Chareidi my husband works and he’s the only one Ik of that is working in my Anglo community

Ramat Eshkol

LovesHashem

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 2:58 pm
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
All chareidi places have a mix of working men and kollel men.

Yes this. As long as he makes time for learning, where's the dress, attends minyan, and does everything else right no one thinks twice.

Most 45 year old fathers of 13 are not learning unless they are the collecting in America type. It's a very small minority, at some point most people go out to work somewhere in some capacity or run businesses or services and stuff on the side.

amother
Gold

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 3:04 pm
amother Smokey wrote:
Where do u live

Are you in an Anglo bubble where everyone you know came specifically to learn and if they're done learning they move back? Most Anglos can't afford to buy in the American neighborhoods in Ylm, so when they plan to stay and get jobs, they move OOT.

Op, what everyone else said. The mere fact that you're working does not raise eyebrows in any chareidi town.

salt

Post Thu, May 30 2024, 3:07 am
amother Lightgray wrote:

Right, I was going to say Yerushalayim too.

camp123

Post Thu, May 30 2024, 4:07 am
It's becoming more and more common for charadim to work. If you want a charadi community with an Anglo presence I would look into
Rechovot
Afula
Karmiel
Givat zeev

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, May 30 2024, 4:41 am
amother Gold wrote:
Are you in an Anglo bubble where everyone you know came specifically to learn and if they're done learning they move back? Most Anglos can't afford to buy in the American neighborhoods in Ylm, so when they plan to stay and get jobs, they move OOT.

Op, what everyone else said. The mere fact that you're working does not raise eyebrows in any chareidi town.

Ya ok but these ppl are all my age
I don’t want to go to rbs yet while I’m still younger I feel like I will go there when my kids are a bit bigger but they are so small
We just happen to be the one family that’s not being supported so husband had to start working

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, May 30 2024, 4:42 am
amother Lightgray wrote:
Ramat Eshkol

Oh wow
What does he do
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating